Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brbd!!!!

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
Awesome Job!! I knew it was a matter of time before you would score. I've been there many times in the past and felt just as you have over the last week, you feel like the walls are closing in... The time is shrinking and the pressure is unbelievable.. but in the end you got it done!

Kaiser878

ohio
You waited 4 hrs to track....I'll bet them was four loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggass hours lol
bet you wuz bouncing off the walls\

What was goin thru your head during that time?

That was the most miserable 4 hours I have ever waited in my life! I was pacing and rambling and I was more nervous because I knew I didnt make a great shot. I dont know what happens, I guess I get rattled when I get bucks in front of me! The shot wasnt all that bad, he was quartering pretty hard and I got liver and one lung. But it was amazing to me that he was able to fall voer and then get up 10 min later! Deer are amazing animals, and I have mroe respect for them now then I ever have!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The way he dropped is amazing. That was one tough ol' bird. If you think those 4 hours of pacing is bad, try having your wife's water break with your first born child while you are deployed after Sept 11th. Once I got the green light to leave, I ran 108mph all the way home. Damn speed limiters. Congrats on the deer nice enough to make you smile!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats Zach. That is on hawg of a buck right there bro. Glad you finally caught up to him and was able to close that chapter of the book. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

Kaiser878

ohio
Did a photo op yest morning befoire I butchered him. The antlers are his from last year!