Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason 2020

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason bought a truck the other day. Apparently the little Pontiac G6 he’s been driving just doesn’t fit his lifestyle. 😁. We took his redneck ride for a drive by my neighbors bean fields tonight, my first deer scouting experience in his truck. I’m not a fan of loud exhausts, deer aren’t either. Mason loves it however. We saw five bucks, three I’d shoot, one anybody in this country would be glad to get a crack at. He has a mineral lick and camera set up over there but has not checked it yet. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s on that card now!

Here is masons new deer carcass transport device.
D5D24B21-7F69-4CD3-80FB-7E07789B0513.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good looking ride, enjoy Mason.

Got to be a good feeling seeing those upcoming candidates!
Sure was nice to see them! Mason and his buddy just took off to build a blind on the edge of a bean field that is usually pretty good early. Then he is swapping cards and going to another farm to do some stand maintenance. Good to have a kid that’s old enough to do this stuff now.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Preparing for a shot at a deer never ends. Mason and I shoot almost daily, year round. This weekend we went to a state ASA shoot. Until Sunday Mason held a commanding lead for shooter of the year. He had a horrible day and is now behind the kid in the Mathews shirt. I’d put these two shooters against most anyone on a good day. The irony of this picture struck me. These three boys are toting around 8k dollars in equipment and shooting a bedded buck at four yards. I doubt many folks practice for a shot like that. Lol. The second photo is a more typical shot and two of the three boys shot 12s, the other just missed outside but was still in the ten ring.
5AAE1F4A-CF3C-4439-9943-2130738D06F7.jpeg
54C440DA-6344-483A-9F74-1C9136E52E71.jpeg