Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck and Bull

joejoe8

Its been awhile, hope everyone is doing well. With my new job I can't troll as much up here. lol!

Wanted to share my 2019 Id hunt. The short story is I drew a pretty good rifle bull tag for the same area I bow hunt. Kill a nice bull on the 3rd day, first elk I saw on public land. All the deer hunting pressure had the elk all pushed on private. After taking care of the meat and antlers I still had to 2 days to hunt. This area is a OTC deer tag so I decided to try kill my first mule deer buck. I had seen a few 130ish young bucks around but knew bigger bucks were in the area. Found a very hard to get to spot and saw a couple really good bucks. After sitting out a afternoon snow storm about 3/4 way up the mountain. I found a giant standing around 325 yards above me. Made 2 good shots and recovered him the next morning. I told my buddy he was a 150 with a kicker, I was way off lol!!
IMG_1446.jpg
IMG_1538 (2).jpg

joejoe8

Incredible animals! Good to see you still doing what you love. Keep on keeping on man. Looks like life is treating you great!
Thanks man! Hunt of a lifetime for sure. With 2 western trips my Ohio rut hunt was very short last year.

Reactions: giles

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Congrats buddy! Always look forward to your “in the field” texts. They never disappoint. That was an incredible hunt. But you always get it done!
Hope we can put together a hunt this spring.

Reactions: joejoe8