Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bud light platinum?

Huckleberry Finn

When's the last time you drank 18 pops? It'd give you a headache if you did. I've always heard the CO2 in draft beer is what gives you the fat head after a night of pitchers...

In that amount it makes sense, but I thought Joe was talking about having one or two. I do know that Yuengling tastes a hell of a lot different in draft than in bottles/cans. But then again, I can drink pitchers without a problem, but maybe that's because I'm still in College! :smiley_blackeye:

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Bud and Bud light (and too many of anything else haha) give me headaches too. I will only drink it if nothing else is available. I haven't tried teh platinum and I can wait until it shows up at a party or friend's house.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In that amount it makes sense, but I thought Joe was talking about having one or two. I do know that Yuengling tastes a hell of a lot different in draft than in bottles/cans. But then again, I can drink pitchers without a problem, but maybe that's because I'm still in College! :smiley_blackeye:

The biggest train of thought is how the bar cleans the lines for draft beer. Many clean them regularly, most don't. As a result there is yeast buildup, oxygen, CO2, and alcohol.. The impurities in Alcohol is what gives you the hangovers besides alcohol in and of itself being a poison. It's the dirty yeast infected lines, valves and taps in most bars that give you a wicked hangover. The other is the CO2 in draft beer makes the alcohol enter your system faster.. Slow and steady you can get way drunker and drink longer than wham feeling tipsy. It's a system shock.. Those are the two common lines of thought as to why draft beer causes worse hangovers.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Draft beer gives me headaches as well. Tastes good, but headaches and rotten farts the next day from draft. I rarely drink anyway, so it is not a huge problem.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
BL platinum ain't bad. The 6% alcohol is a plus. I myself love draft beer. I think it just tastes alot better and is easier to drink.But I don't hardly ever get hangovers from anything . Any of u ever drink Coors extra gold? I am not talking bout banquet beer either. Coors extra gold or Busch is my cheap 30 beer of choice.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've had a kegerator in my garage for the last two years, I had a good buddy tell me when I bought it off him and bitched about headaches and bad hangovers... and he asked me, when do you most often drink Draft beer? Weddings, Grad Parties, etc... times when it's most likely open bar, and you are pounding the shit out of them. You drink them twice as fast and twice as many.

You get yourself a 12oz glass, and focus on not sucking the bottom off of them, and I don't have any difference in hangover. Busch Light in the keg or Busch in the can, no headache, but shit like a goose.

I always said that about draft beer and hangovers as well until I got mine... Who knows.....