Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buddies Ten Point

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Went out this morning I got skunked but my Buddy who's Dad owns the farm scored on a big bodied small racked ten point. We moved some stands last weekend and his paid off, mine not so much yet lol. This one came through at 0900 and was a 25 yard shot, it just started walking away from him and he thought he missed. It went about ten yards and he could see the spicket running, it went about 40 more yards and started walking side ways then keeled over dead.... Put a heck of a shot through the heart and it was spraying like crazy. He texted me and I was there in about ten minutes and he had it gutted already, we dragged it out to my truck drove out to his and transferred to his. He gave the buck to his neighbor who is in a wheel chair who used to hunt but had a bad industrial accident and can't hunt anymore due to the injuries... My buddy said he and his girlfriend were like kids at Christmas when he pulled in the driveway with it.... Just got back from dropping it off to get processed.. this made my day... We guessed the weight at 150-160 and weighed it and it was 155 field dressed. Heck of a body....

Attachments

• tim's deer.jpg
    tim's deer.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 219

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Congrats to ur buddy and heck of a shot but more importantly good for him and making some else day by giving away a nice deer, to some one who doesn't have the opportunity we do.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys I'll relay the compliments to him. I'm heading out in the morning to sit in the same area and hope I have the same results lol. My buddy is always spreading the wealth when it comes to venison. He gives two away each year he's Lu k enough to get them. Usually during gun season but his kids are out of high s hool and off to college and he has a lot more free time....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats to your buddy for his good buck and good deed!

Is it just me or the angle of the picture or is this buck's nose about a mile long?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Naw its nose was long. Not good St aging but he was little more.then two years old lol his hooves were huge...