Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Burn Care. 101.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah man. Shits bound to happen. Either by accident or full retard. One of the reasons I wanted to start this. Plus it just sucks and I like to share the pain in meaty pictures. 😅

Didn't take a pic this morning as I didn't have time to find my phone and change gloves. Knock on wood it looks to be healing nicely. Lots of new skin around the edges and the area closer to my wrist has put on quite a bit also. One day at a time.

Screenshot_20210711-193305_Gallery.jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am a little curious as to what the firework was Joe. A mortar or a tube from a 500 gr. Cake or what? (Not trying to be a asshole. Not over this accident at least.)
That’s twice I can recall on here you’ve cheated what could have been a much worse outcome.

Reactions: hickslawns

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am a little curious as to what the firework was Joe. A mortar or a tube from a 500 gr. Cake or what? (Not trying to be a asshole. Not over this accident at least.

Not at all bud. 2.5 mortar. It had loose powder and little balls arranged in a circle surrounded by some additional powder inside what looked to be a coffee filter in the middle. A little more than a golfball sized area of powder. It had failed to burn through the fuse and had been rolling around in the surf all night. I cut it in half and laid both halves open in the sand. As I was mentioning in the OP I've lit black powder before, like triple 7 and lose to see if it was still good. It burns quickly but never super fast. More like a quick fizzle. When this when up it went fast like rifle powder and they told me it was white, telling me the powder was probably mixed with magnesium or prosperous for color. I don't know why it never crossed my mind that it was more than just black powder. I mean that seems pretty obvious considering what it was, but it just never crossed my mind. There's a safety term for that which I'm sure someone here knows. Something like "standard variance" where when you've done something unsafe for a while it unknowingly becomes more and more unsafe without you knowing it or even thinking about it until an accident happens. Probably because I've done it so many times in the past I never even considered what else may be in it despite it bring something different.

Reactions: Big_Holla and CJD3

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Whatever the wrap was that they put on Levi, truly worked a miracle. He wouldn't let any pictures get taken in these stages. But after 11 days he was proud to show off his progress. I won't share the pics here. Dude got his crotch and upper thighs pretty good with a hot bowl of soup.

Man that sounds painful. Was it a dark, thin sheet like below, or a white cream?

download (25).jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No need to explain. We've all done dumb stuff. Only takes one momentary lapse. As soon as you do it, you know how dumb it was and can't believe you did it. Distractions, fatigue, etc., Is all it takes for one of these moments to occur. I reached up my arm while doing something on the backhoe one time a few winters back. Put my hand right on the exhaust stack. I knew better. Just fatigued. It was like by the time my head said "hey dummies, don't grab that". . . My hand was already on it. Glad you are healing nicely.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm guessing that's a good possibility. It was hot at the time but isn't sensitive or anything now. The cuticle is damaged so at a minimum the nail will probanly have a gap.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Thought I'd add this here, the guy that did this was a revered Pace Low crew chief, lots of combat hours, manages a fleet of war ready planes and crews to keep AFSOF ISR birds in the air, in other words he f'ng knows better as well.

Just rednecks redneckin' my buddy Mooch got the video, back on thr bayou.

No rednecks were hurt in this video... by the grace of God.

$1100 worth of boxed multi mortars in 30ish seconds due to the first box falling over and igniting the other boxes....

Zoom in you can see the redneck herd startle and stampede start when the boat blows up. CANT MAKE THIS UP.

Lessons in this one as well.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad nobody was hurt. Sound alike some of my former officers. Intelligent does not equate to smart. Excuse me while I follow the e5 who did nasty shit in Nam. He will get us home. Fugging officers.