Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

By product of deer hunting

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dang!
This is the second year I have passed up a turkey while bow hunting deer.:smiley_confused_sch

I know kill zones on deer "inside and out" but can someone please show me a kill zone on a turkey. I have thought to do the neck shot for the all-or-nothing opp. but maybe there's a better way.

Any info would be greatly appreicated. I process pictures even better. Thanks

So Adam. Got a cool map of a turk like you do the deer? lol

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Shot at a hen, tried to cut her head off. It glanced off her neck and knocked her out while giving her a good skinnin, jesse jumped out of the blind like a spider mkoney and gave her the roush boot finishing move. Hillarious....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thanks guys.
Had 2 come in this morning but the one w/ a 3+ inch beard busted me from 18'up , and 30 ' out. Dang things worse than deer.

Looks to me like Redcloud said it all right there. The only thing that could be added is that to use the biggest broadhead you can. I shoot a rage three blade now-a-days, for everything and though it does agreat job, It causes a lot of breast meat damage no matter the angle of attack you use in putting the arrow in. A 1 1/2 inch or bigger fixed blade could be just as effective as long as it goes where yhou point it. Heavier shafts/heads do a good job at shutting the birdys down but I've used 100 grain heads on a 9 grains per inch shaft with good results.

(Great post)