Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Calling all trappers

whitetailjunky3

25000 to 40000 mink on the loose! Going be a fun trapping season!
A2B180EE-80A7-48BB-B90B-A80DFAE324F9.png

I wonder if the DNR is allowing any type of population control for this event? 🤔 Some 7 1/2s and a turkey choke would put a bunch of them down quick.
I'm guessing these mink are not indigenous to Ohio. I read several different news reports about this incident, but nowhere does it say what type of mink.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Back it down a notch or two, chief. You've had opportunities to meet some of us in person and haven't. Usually the people talking the trash around here know eachother. There is ALOT of I side jokes around here that come from beyond the keyboard. Carry on but let's stay in our respective lanes. 👍🏾

Tuff up a little there buddy, it's not like he brought your mom into it. It's a common joke on the forum regarding you and coyotes, it not just off the forum or an inside joke type thing.

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
I wonder if the DNR is allowing any type of population control for this event? 🤔 Some 7 1/2s and a turkey choke would put a bunch of them down quick.
I'm guessing these mink are not indigenous to Ohio. I read several different news reports about this incident, but nowhere does it say what type of mink.
They're just mink. Just highly bred to be the size of small otter and a variety of colors.

As for control, theyre more or less fair game under normal hunting/trapping rules though technically you can't shoot mink that aren't in traps.

whitetailjunky3

They're just mink. Just highly bred to be the size of small otter and a variety of colors.

As for control, theyre more or less fair game under normal hunting/trapping rules though technically you can't shoot mink that aren't in traps.
They are not checking license from what I hear it’s a free for all. I will try to get a few better pictures in the morning.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

They should fall under livestock though. I know there are laws about shooting escaped pigs, cows etc. If I remember correctly it's a time based law. Like cows are weeks and pigs are like 24 hours before they're considered feral escapees that can be killed and are no longer someones livestock. I bet there's nothing on the books for mink though. 😅