Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Calling all trappers

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
They should fall under livestock though. I know there are laws about shooting escaped pigs, cows etc. If I remember correctly it's a time based law. Like cows are weeks and pigs are like 24 hours before they're considered feral escapees that can be killed and are no longer someones livestock. I bet there's nothing on the books for mink though.
Its surprising whats not in the books. Had a few interesting calls with law enforcement at DoW on some interesting nuisance trapping issues.

Civil laws are another issue entirely

Left field

G
Back it down a notch or two, chief. You've had opportunities to meet some of us in person and haven't. Usually the people talking the trash around here know eachother. There is ALOT of I side jokes around here that come from beyond the keyboard. Carry on but let's stay in our respective lanes.
👍🏾got ya and wife won’t let me go to a too gathering:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stressless

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Back it down a notch or two, chief. You've had opportunities to meet some of us in person and haven't. Usually the people talking the trash around here know eachother. There is ALOT of I side jokes around here that come from beyond the keyboard. Carry on but let's stay in our respective lanes. 👍🏾
A4F6E8F2-1AAE-4A60-8AF3-39A005D6157D.jpeg

👍🏾got ya and wife won’t let me go to a too gathering:mad:
For $500, we'll come arrest you on Friday, in full uniform and in front of your wife. We'll tell her you'll be released on Tuesday, but you're a person of interest and we have questions that need to be answered. This fee includes a fishing license, cabin rental and the use of a boat with a full tank of gas. :cool::ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Left field

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The point for them is the damage to the farm. The mink are just collateral damage to activist. They hate humans more than they love animals

I believe it. The farm should be insured though so hopefully it doesn't hurt them too bad.

I don't hate mink farms, but I've always hated what the abundance of ranch mink has done to the fur trade and trapping as a sport. Wild fur like raccoon prices have been in the crapper for a decade due to the abundance of ranch mink on the market. One of those things where early on people made good money and it was the thing to do, then everyone started doing it and swamped the market which drove down prices for everything. Suddenly ranch mink was less valuable than wild raccoons so buyers bought mink. Now its become a numbers game to make any money which further floods the market and depresses prices. I don't like to see anyone's hard work get vandalized, but also secretly hope the ranch fur industry as a whole goes to shit.

Reactions: Left field