Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cam Deal. Would you buy.

How many would you buy

• 1 cam

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 2 cams

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 3 cams

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4 cams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
G4.jpg.

How many of you would buy this cam if you could get it for $88.79 shipped.

It's the same Spypoint i run except in a camo case.

• 4.0 Megapixel picture quality
  • Very compact (4.5" x 6.8" x 2.8")
  • Removable internal camera for easier handling
  • 35 infrared LED night-time illumination
  • Automatic infrared level adjustment
  • Video resolution: 640 x 480 AVI
  • Color pictures by day, black and white by night
  • Multi-shot mode up to 4 pictures per detection
  • Automatic print of date and time on every picture
  • Requires a SD/SDHC card up to 32 GB (No internal memory)
  • USB and TV port (NTSC/PAL)
  • Adjustable distance detection sensor (5 to 50 ft)
  • Requires 6 AA batteries (not included)
  • Can be powered by a rechargeable lithium battery pack (not included)
  • 12 volt power jack
  • User friendly switch panel
  • Low battery indicator

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Subtotal: $102.98
Discount: -$20.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Tax: $5.81
Updated Total: $88.79

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'm planning on getting 1 new camera to run this summer.... just waiting on which way we decide to go, and what's the best deal we can get together. Looks like a good camera.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How's the nighttime pictures Joe? If it puts out a decent picture and has a reliable reputation I'd like 2 or 3 of them for that price..... do they have to be shipped too one location or will they price too multiple locations for that price?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How's the nighttime pictures Joe? If it puts out a decent picture and has a reliable reputation I'd like 2 or 3 of them for that price..... do they have to be shipped too one location or will they price too multiple locations for that price?

There's the thing... I didn't work this deal. Just found it... It's actually a better deal than the manufacturer was going to give me. lol...

Go to
http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...ypoint_G4_Game_Camera&aID=503B1A&merchID=4006

the Cam is on sale for 99.99 Add something like a 2 dollar fishing lure to your cart to get it over $100

Use cupon code GMG20 for -$20 and free shipping.

Brings the total to $88 shipped including tax...

buy them on separate orders and keep using the code. :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sale ends 6/30. I still haven't heard back from TC... I'll call them tomorrow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dealer inquiry sent to Spypoint and Bushnell. Last year I contacted Bushnell to see what is required to become a dealer of their cameras. No reply. I expect more of the same on this dealer request. Spypoint is a smaller company and does not appear to have a very strong dealer network in Ohio. Pretty much looks like Dunham's is their main dealer in Ohio. Woodbury Outfitters, Sporty's Preferred Living (whatever the hell that is), and Carnivore Outfitters are the only dealers in Ohio. I think it might be time for them to add another dealer. I will keep you guys posted on what I find out. Either they will want to play ball or we will keep buying from the big box stores. In this economy, if they can move product through a smaller dealer like myself that is aggressive I would think they would be all in. Maybe you will find "Hank Tucker Outdoors" as the newest Spypoint dealer in the near future?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting information for you all. Bushnell contacted me via email with a phone number and I called them today. I should have a response from a Sales Lead as per my conversation with the very helpful "Teresa" on the phone said. I hope to find out where we will end up in the upcoming week.

I have not heard anything from Spypoint yet. I honestly thought they would have gotten back to me by now. What is interesting is I performed a "Google Search" with the words "Spypoint Dealer". This site and thread was in the first page when using those words to search.

Where I am with our business is this: I would take on either or both of these trail cameras to offer to our customers if it works out to be beneficial for all parties. If I cannot buy them any cheaper than I can on ebay, I cannot justify the risk. At this point I would suggest you buy from ebay or wherever you find the most bang for your buck. If I can make at least a miniscule profit and offer them to any potential customers at a fair price, then I am all in for taking on new lines. I will keep you guys posted.