Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camofire deals of the day

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's the brand I immediately look at because of the recommendations. Just not sure how much I'd wear them for actual hiking LOL!
I'm going to try to locate the hiking shoe/boot thread and bring it to the top. My hiking shoes literally rotted apart last year. Over 20yrs old and really just some Reebok "hiking shoes". They served me well but it is time for a new pair. My good friend owns a local shoe store. Second generation. Old school with service and a smile and local faces. The kind of store you like to support. Good people. I need to do my homework. They have several brands of hiking shoes/boots. Most in the $125-200 range which is fair from some of the $200-300 I've seen online AND you can try them on before you buy local. Probably a good time of the year to refresh the thread.

Just make sure you check other sites to compare how good of a deal this is. They do have some deals but do your homework on the things that interest you.
Sure...sure! Send me to even more hunting fishing and camping sites! As if 50+ years of stuff gathered isn't enough. I must have 3 dozen knives now and can I ever find the one I'm looking for?

• Haha
Reactions: "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sure...sure! Send me to even more hunting fishing and camping sites! As if 50+ years of stuff gathered isn't enough. I must have 3 dozen knives now and can I ever find the one I'm looking for?
I moved in 2019, cleaned house…. Literally 😂 But I will say, I found everything I was looking for 😂😂😂😂

For crying out loud man! I have 7 ways to grunt at bucks 5 ways to rattle at them, more "purfume" bottles of scent than my wife and 2 butt out tools now!
I also have 37 turkey calls, a small flock of turkey decoys and 3 vests to carry em in with! If I get a bird I have to make 3 trips to get everything out of the woods!
I used to do gun shows and guys would flock to my tables (ya more than 1 table cuz they're only 8' long...) to buy my excess stuff! I have 1/4th of my basement in commercial racking to hold the stuff, plus a 12 by 20 high wall shed. I had to put doors on each end so stuff was only half way buried...
And if I clear some space my son fills it with his stuff and he don't even live here!

I also have 37 turkey calls, a small flock of turkey decoys and 3 vests to carry em in with! If I get a bird I have to make 3 trips to get everything out of the woods!
I used to do gun shows and guys would flock to my tables (ya more than 1 table cuz they're only 8' long...) to buy my excess stuff! I have 1/4th of my basement in commercial racking to hold the stuff, plus a 12 by 20 high wall shed. I had to put doors on each end so stuff was only half way buried...
And if I clear some space my son fills it with his stuff and he don't even live here!
My buddy's call me Mr Cabela or Bass Pro. They are always asking me for an application for my store credit card so they can come shop.

Hell, I have the worlds largest collection of "Flying Lures!"

Fletch

Supporting Member
@Mickey Merrie... I'll bet I have more flashlights... He'll when I go to Illinois I bring more shit then I will ever use... BUT... When someone else needs socks,lights,bandaids, whatever they just go in my trailer, cause they know it's there for the taking ..

• Haha

Fletch

Supporting Member
I’m slowly working myself away from that…. 😂
Every year I say I'm taking less stuff... Hell I got stuff in my containers I've never even unpacked or used... Son bought me a nice heavy wool sweater for cold days... It's so nice I hate to use it... Must have 20 pairs of new wool hunting socks packed in those containers... Come home wash clothes I used and put back in containers... Hell I'm already packed for next year... But like I said... Someone needs any thing from Neosporin to a gun cleaning kit, they know where to go...:ROFLMAO: