Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camp Shower...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Down at our cabin we don't have running water.. So here's how we setup a hot shower.

Things you'll need.
Washtub
Propane Turk Fryer
8 foot length of water hose with new ends.
One of those long handle garden sprayer nozzles for watering hanging flowers.
12v battery backup sump pump

Hook the sump to the truck battery and drop it in the creek to fill the washtub that's on top the fryer.

While heating the water, hang the nozzle from a branch by the bend it has for watering hanging baskets.

When the water is hot drop in the sump and turn off the heat.. If you don't turn the heat of when the water gets below half it will get scalding QUICK...

Enjoy your hot shower in the woods in front of the truck lights.

:)

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
that too much fugg'n around - heat up sum water in a pan and scrub yur dirty sweaty ass - wtf

Buckmaster

Portage
Mine is a plastic 55 gallon drum mounted 7 feet in the air. Cold water only. A true man shower that on cold days makes the little turtle retract. :smiley_bathing:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We're not talking about turk season here guys.. You go ahead and take a cold shower during the rut or shotgun when it's 15 degrees out and snowing. LOL.. Providing the shower isn't frozen... I'd rather just smoke up better and not take one if that was my option. :smiley_breakdance: A hot shower is the best after 2-3 days of hard hunting. If you stay in out cabin for a week, when you get home a shower curtain and hot water heater become a modern marvel. LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My dad and I made a camp shower one time... 55 gallon drum full of water in the back of a truck, with a coil of copper pipe down inside the campfire... pump/circulate water through the heated coil and back to the barrel... then when it's warm enough, bypass the fire and pump it to your homemade shower head. Nice hot shower. :D

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
My dad and I made a camp shower one time... 55 gallon drum full of water in the back of a truck, with a coil of copper pipe down inside the campfire... pump/circulate water through the heated coil and back to the barrel... then when it's warm enough, bypass the fire and pump it to your homemade shower head. Nice hot shower. :D

Dang... That sounded like you were 1/2 way to maken a still. :smiley_adfundum:

Matt

Norton, OH

Very similar to a set-up we had in Boy Scouts, except we had a stand that held the tank, and then a coil into fire and then to a spigot. We never used it for showering so we didn't have to worry about scalding, it was for food and dishes.