Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CBST....after a year.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I put this in another forum but some people on here carry so here goes:

I have been carrying my XD9 in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for a year now and thought I would pass along my thoughts.

When I first received the holster I was quite impressed with the finish of the leather and kydex. After a year not much has changed except for the holster in now "molded" to my shape. The clips are very rugged and hold onto my Wilderness Tactical belt perfectly. The CBST hides this "larger" gun very well. I still think I look a bit....different when tucking with it but my friends haven't notice the difference.

It did take a more than a few times wearing it to decide where I liked the cant set and what position was best. FWIW I ended up with a 4:30 position (can still reach with weak hand if necessary) and a mild forward cant with the pistol riding low in the waist.

I think the retention was about perfect upon receiving but it did come with instructions on how to make it harder or easier to draw. I had issues with getting a positive purchase on the XD with out adjusting my hand during the draw cycle on a few occasions. I had declined the "combat cut" option upon ordering and I understand why it is an option. I cut a bit of leather from the holster that was about the same as the "combat cut" and it made a world of difference. A positive purchase everytime now.

All in all this is a great holster. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an IWB rig. The only issue was the bit of leather in the way of my thumb (webbing also) when drawing. It was a 5 minute fix that the company offered from the get-go.

I will be reviewing the Kholster in about 6 months if it is something that people would like to see.

Happy shooting,

Beentown

A pic of it when it was newer:

Beentown,
I've heard a lot about the Super Tuck and nearly purchased one. CC is very personal...from the holsters, guns, ammo, etc.

I decided not to carry inside the waistband and I'm glad that I did. My holster is a De Santis OSWB holster. I just wear lose fitting clothes in the summer and now that colder temps are here, it's easy to conceal. :smiley_bril:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am still a big fan of the Galco Jakslide. It is outside the pants but inside the belt. With the S&W Airweight you barely see the gun. My buddy loves this holster as well and carries anything from Airweight to full sized 1911's with his. I can't hide that much on my 6' tall 170lb frame. Works well for me. I have a Fobus holster for my 9mm which holds the gun well, but I don't like the way it protrudes from the body. Works with a sweatshirt, untucked flannel shirt, or with a Carhart jacket covering it, but that is about it. Really should look into a different holster as I would like to carry something with a bit more round capacity.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
How do you tighten the retention? Mine didn't come with any instructions.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Here ya go JJ:

With the gun in the holster, unloaded of course, and remove the clips. Now cover all the rest of the kydex and leather with a cool, damp rag. Leave only the indentation for the trigger guard and area immediately around it exposed. You may also want to work with the ejection port area as well.

Take a hairdryer and SLOWLY heat the trigger guard area (and/or ejection port) you will see it soften and "lift" after a couple of minutes or so. Now just press the trigger indent back into the trigger gaurd making it a shallower or deeper indent to alter the retention to suit yourself.

Obviously you need gloves for this. If the kydex gets TOO looking "wet" or shiny STOP, you have it TOO hot and it's about TOO melt. Let it cool and try again.

If it seems TOO risky, thats ok. Give them a call and send it in. It is part of your warranty.

Beentown