Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cell Phone Plans

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Want to share some info that may save some guys some money. I have been in the cell phone industry for the last 25+ years. I am not an expert in all things cell phone but I think I can save some guys some money.

If you are a veteran let your carrier know. Most give a great discount to veterans.

For those that are not eligible for special discounts. Look at the carriers prepaid service. It is usually almost half the price of the post paid brands.

Verizon - Visible and Total are their prepaid brands.

ATT - Cricket

T-mobile - Metro

All of these use the same network as their big brother but charge half the price. There are some very subtle differences usually data speeds. Hypothetical example: Big Brand has speeds of 30gb per second. Little brother has 10gb per second. Unless you are a power user the difference is negligible. Everyone’s situation is different. Lots of savings to be had if you look around.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Just the information I’m looking for. If I switch from Verizon to visible and later down the road, I need a new phone. How does that happen since they don’t have a brick and mortar store?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thoughts on Mint? I'd love to cut our Verizon phone bill in half, and I feel Ryan Reynolds is a smart business man and wouldn't associate if not a stand up company/service.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I’m sure a lot has changed over the years… But 8-10 years ago I tried the whole “same towers and service as Verizon” company switch and it really bit me in the ass. Service was absolute trash and then, worst of all, I couldn’t get my number back when I went back to Verizon. Had to start all over with my contacts.

Reactions: Big_Holla and 5Cent