Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chatroom Feature

rrr

It was a ton of fun to chat with the boys the other night and I'm wondering what the feasibility of it would be? We did have over a dozen guys chatting the other night just for the hell of it, and I know that a lot of us got to know each other through a chat room. It'd be sweet.

(I know that this has been brought up before too)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's in the plans for the future. But for right now we need to keep an eye on the bandwidth thing.. Don't worry, I've been looking into it, just need to get a firm grasp on the data it uses... It's in the works bud. ;)

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
It was a ton of fun to chat with the boys the other night and I'm wondering what the feasibility of it would be? We did have over a dozen guys chatting the other night just for the hell of it, and I know that a lot of us got to know each other through a chat room. It'd be sweet.

(I know that this has been brought up before too)

Dangit, Steve! Why don't you just start your own forum?

:D

Ray

Aren't there chat room widgets you could look into that wouldn't strain the server? Seems I had one on swantucky's site and it was no muss no fuss.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We now have chat. The tab is up by the new post / what's new / blog / forum navbar. Enjoy. :) I would like it to open in a new window but it opens in the same window for now. Just open a new window to the forum if you would like to continue browsing. I'll get it setup later.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never used a chatroom before. It is a pretty cool feature. Kinda get to know the guys a bit better by stopping in there. Thanks Joe!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Stopped in and was talking to myself, nothing new so I left and am doing it now all by myself walking around the house. The wife says I'm over the edge now lol.... After 26 years of marriage she has finally realized it hahahaha