Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Christmas came early!!!!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio

My wife surprised me with this bad boy yesterday ! When I told her I was going out calling with a buddy she knew I needed this so she let me open it early!!! Love this thing and it can double as a recovery light for deer season with interchangeable led bulbs!

Reactions: Wildlife

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Sweet!!! How'd it work last night?

I think this was on middle of the intensity level and middle of the focus level! I love it! It makes scanning so easy! I typically had it on wide zoom and less the half on intensity just to have a soft light but get good reflection. I was getting stop signs to reflect over 500yds away!

Reactions: Wildlife

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Says 5 hrs on high intensity... out of the box and about 2 hrs on the charger and I was out for about 2 hrs and had it on and never saw a change in the brightness. So It wasn't full charged and performed great! It says that it needs 3 full charging cycles to get break the battery in and get peak brightness....so I am hoping that it only gets better!! It feels very solid, I am ordering the four batter charger and batteries though just in case, I am out for long periods of time.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nice!!!! Good Luck with it. I think Jesse just added something to his must have list...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Not too sure. I've been seeing guys using a head lamp and then switching to the scope mounted light. Not sure I'm going that far.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Not too sure. I've been seeing guys using a head lamp and then switching to the scope mounted light. Not sure I'm going that far.
I'm curious to see how easy it is to get a shot off while keeping the head lamp focused on the yote. Sounds a bit difficult to me.

I'm curious to see how easy it is to get a shot off while keeping the head lamp focused on the yote. Sounds a bit difficult to me.

I used to do it when shooting coon out of the tree. Basically hold it in your left hand while holding onto the stock and then look thru the scope. Don't think I would want to do that on a moving animal though. A coon in the tree really couldn't go anywhere. LOL.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine is mounted to the rifle. I've often thought a second one on my head to scan for eyes occasionally would be nice. My ride light is white. A red lens on my head would be perfect. Then light them up to shoot them.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Here is what I do, I wear my head lamp slightly cock eyed on my head...just to the left. That way when you shoulder your guy the light light lines up perfectly down the barrel. Then I turn my kill light on my gun and I got a very lit up yote. Having a scanning light on you head reduces movement and its a hell of a lot easier than using my kill light on my gun to scan back and forth.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County