Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Climbing sticks...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't waste your time looking for any others, just break down and buy them. I swear to you they are worth the money. They are super light and very versatile. I have five sticks, and I can reach 25' with them no problem. If I was gonna do it all over again, I would consider buying four LW sticks and one Muddy stick though. I like to get the most height out of my sticks I can. I would hang the LW stick first, and then the Muddy at the top since it has duel foot pegs. It would make it a lot nicer climbing in and out of the stand.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am cough....cough....cheap...frugal. I just hate throwing that much cash down when it could go to a new FAL. Who has the best prices on them?

Beentown

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
They are all priced about the same. Cabelas has them on sale 3 for $119 (reg. $129). If you watch Dick's, you can pick them up for $99 at the end of the season.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I am cough....cough....cheap...frugal. I just hate throwing that much cash down when it could go to a new FAL. Who has the best prices on them?

Beentown

There's a time to be cheap and this ain't it!!! ;)

The LW sticks are the cat's ass and worth every friggin' penny. Get 5 of them and don't look back. If they'll handle my fat ass without any issues, you'll be good!!! :D

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
There's a time to be cheap and this ain't it!!! ;)

The LW sticks are the cat's ass and worth every friggin' penny. Get 5 of them and don't look back. If they'll handle my fat ass without any issues, you'll be good!!! :D

Yeah, what he said. Besides that, if you don't like them, I'm sure us guys with LW sticks will split them up and take them off your hands. There are certain situations I wouldn't mind having an extra stick.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
How many sticks do you carry greg, 5? That gets you around 25 ft up right? I would think 6 would definately be good in some situations where you maybe need to go around a buch of branches or something like that.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yeah, I use five. The only time I really wish I had six is when I'm hunting on a hillside, or on a flat overlooking a hillside. it would be nice to be above eye level.

Matt

Norton, OH
If you had branches, why wouldn't you just use them to climb? When I hang stands with screw-in's, I actually look for trees like that, helps to conceal ya too...