Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clogged Septic Tank Help

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
After reading Redclouds thread on the down spouts it made me want to ask this question.

Here at drilling site I work out of a RV Camper. The septic holding tank froze up and now is clogged up with TP and crap.

Other then finding someone to pump it out ( I tried snaking it ) does anyone know of something I can find that is fast acting that can eat through the clog?

Thanking everyone in advance for your help. :BS2:

Buckmaster

Portage
Tough one there. Do you think that washer fluid that melts ice would help? High concentrate salt water that's hot.
That's one shitty affair you have going on.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I put Salt down it, Liquid Plumer, some stuff for home septic tanks that is suppose to eat paper. CRAP!

I can take a leak in it but that is it. To take a dump is out of the question, I have to go to the workout shack to do that.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

If you use lime just make sure you don't get any dust on your skin and get wet.....you will regret it :D.

Should be able to get it at an equity or TSC maybe.

How is lime going to melt anything? Lime has sometimes been used to reduce odor being emitted from a septic tank, but I've never heard of it being used to melt ice or break up clogs. Maybe I read the original question wrong. RD, are you saying the actual tank IN the rv is frozen? Or is the outlet frozen? Or is it not frozen at all... just clogged? If it's frozen, maybe just try getting under there with a heat gun, being careful not to melt the tank LOL.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
see if you can find a product called Clobber. It is a high concentrate acid that will eat almost anything but plastic.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Hoyt, Where would I look for "Clobber"? Lowes, Home Depot??

It was orginally frozen from sitting durning the rig move, got it thawd out and put heat tape on it but now from sitting it is clogged. Damn it.

Thanks for your help guys.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It will probably be hard for you to get a hold of some. I could get it for you but it would be a couple days before I could get it to you. You have to be a licensed plumber to get it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
At this point, I'd say just have someone come out and pump the tank. Then snake the discharge line if it needs it.