Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck when you guys get out with this cold front coming....I plan on being out there. Sent my limbs back and had some poundage take off on one of my bows..got em back today so bareshaft tuned a little will finish in the morning, need to cut a little more off. Will be in a stand tomorrow and off work till after Thanksgiving. Hope you guys give some nice ones dirt naps!

Reactions: switchhitter

Creamer

Athens
I did something I really haven't done in several years. I took over a week off from shooting a stick during gun season week, + a few days after. Wanting to change things up, I strung up the old cheap Sage Elite. I know it's a lot "lesser" bow than the custom Stalker, but I shoot it just as well. It's sort of like an old baseball glove, it just fits me. Cold shot a few days ago.

And yesterday.

Staying tuned up for the late season. I've got a couple of locations where I'm getting some consistent deer traffic, post-orange army invasion.

Congratulations on your doe kill!!! :cool:

Several years ago, I shot a buck that was quartering away and the arrow hit behind the right front leg and like your shot, this one didn't exit either. :unsure: The buck fell on his face (broke the off-side shoulder), got back up and ran 25ish yards and fell over dead. There was about 3" of aluminum shaft missing, on the XX75 Camo Hunter 2216. After carefully field dressing him, there was an "X" on the opposite/exit side of the ribs, but the broadhead never left the deer. The meat processor carefully followed the wound channel down the leg to find the Hoyt Bow Bullet 145 gr. 4-blade broadhead, laying along the leg bone. Pretty much like your broadhead was found on the doe's leg, that's where I found this broadhead, on the buck's leg. (y)

Reactions: Jamie

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Since I got the new shoulder I'm limited what I can do right now but am able to sharpen some broadheads. Just glad im pretty ambidextrous.Gives me something to do cause I am bored already. Lol
Really surprised how well it is coming along after one week. Very little pain at all and am able to do my stretches with very little discomfort.
20231219_104443.jpg

Last edited:

Wiley E Coyote

My Bow Gun season officially starts today. I just don't feel good about wearing lots of clothes and heavy gloves and standing still in the cold and taking a shot at a deer so January always becomes crossbow season if I'm still needing to fill the freezer and momma says we need a berger deer. And these things are great for filling freezers! It's still sighted in and ready to hunt
1000000562.jpg