Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Creamer

Athens
Got some reps in from my new blind stool. I've used one of those tripod stools for a few years and it was never that comfy. This is a "dove stool."

Creamer

Athens
I find that chair to be a little noisy for deer hunting. The fabric and that bar make noise that is magnified by the bars.

Seemed quiet when I was shooting out of it earlier this week. I can say this for sure, it's gentler on the "package" than the old tripod stool. :oops: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: giles

Creamer

Athens
I've developed a hole in the dik-dik heart on the Block now.

It's a good problem to have. I'm shooting this little bow pretty well right now. Eventually (maybe even today), I need to order some shafts to build more arrows for it. The white fletched arrow is the arrow from my test pack that is tuned really well to the bow. The pink/yellow are from my Stalker/Sage setup, and they fly OK from the Bear, also. I feel like I see slightly better arrow flight from the white fletched arrow, just need to get stuff ordered.

Creamer

Athens
Yesterday's cold shot is my most common "miss" with the old Bear K Mag. A touch high. It's a little weird for me because with my other recurves I almost never missed up, it was usually down.

I brought them down after the first couple went high.

With our sewer hookup done, I got my range bag back up and put a fresh deer face on the target.

Love that late summer sun on trad gear.

Creamer

Athens
Well I feel like a dumbass. I've been commonly missing a little high a lot for over a week, since I retied my knocking points. I never checked exactly with my mark on the bow square to see that I had the points exactly where they were before. I thought to check today...and it was a hair low on my knock point. I cut them off and retied, this time MEASURING, and wouldn't ya know...cold shot, and many more after it just like this.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_8219.jpeg
Mason went to rural king for goat and chicken feed. He is still not home so when he wasn’t here to witness, I snuck in a few practice arrows. This is the first three of the day. I shot a few more with similar results so I put my bow up before he came home. 😁. I like my chances to keep the crown for another day. 25 yards. Btw, the arrow in the quiver has an insert in need of glue… I didn’t pull it because it was a bad shot and would ruin my boastful picture.