Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can't find Alabama score. I think this is their 6thor 7th bye week.

#19 Oregon is getting rocked.
#20 WI lost to unranked NW. Wait until Northwestern beats ND next week. Dustin won't talk to me for a couple weeks. ;)
#17/18 Iowa and Penn St had a battle.
#7 GA handled #9 FL pretty well.
#21 S FL was handed their butt by unranked Houston.
#12 Kentucky squeaked by Missouri
#15 Washington lost 10-12 to an unranked Cal.
#22 NC State lost to unranked Syracuse
#14 Wash St squeaked by #24 Stanford
#16 Texas A&M lost to unranked Miss St
#6 Texas lost to unranked OK State
#25 App St lost to GA Southern

I'll be honest here: I wouldn't want to be ranking these teams this year. It would be like #1 Bama. . . . #2-6 In no particular order and subject to change weekly- Clemson, LSU, ND, GA, MI. #7-25 I think I would throw their names in a hat and rank them in the order I pulled them out. NOT bashing ND (Dustin) but they really haven't been tested since week one. Stanford was a semi-test in week whatever. That leaves MI/GA/Clemson/LSU in top five and all have shown vulnerabilities. With the talent the Buckeyes have they should be in top 5-7 but they simply have not played as such. Their talent doesn't equal their performance. They have underperformed most of the season. I guess I'd have them in the top 15 but not sure if they'd be top 10. Maybe 10-12 is realistic but only because so many teams have flopped. Seems like the majority of "solid" teams who really could be one loss teams are 2/3/4 loss teams right now. Majority of the Big 10 falls in this category. Indiana, Iowa, Penn St, WI, NW are all really solid teams. MI St is not a bad team. Purdue and MN are not terrible teams. Maybe not top 20 teams, but probably top 21-30 teams in the nation which could be ranked on many weeks. I stand by Nebraska is the best one (now 2) win team in the nation. How about Maryland? They have steadily improved throughout the season.

Where is the love for Army? Houston? Boise St? Syracuse? BC? There are a lot of real solid 2-3 loss teams out there this year. Been a fun football season to watch.

Reactions: triple_duece

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I hate to say it, but Alabama looks freaking good! There really isn’t a weak part to this team! Maybe the punter???? Lack of participation in games! Lol
I pick them to dominate the remainder of their schedule and win yet another NC

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Been seeing it all year. Pass defense is shit, too much space, too much ball hawking. This is Georgias game all day if Bama doesn't figure out the short pass defense. You can't win if you can't stop them.