Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

🙄. Just keep changing the rules so everyone is happy that their suck ass team gets shot too. 🙄. I suppose when the SEC keeps dominating that system and it doesn't stop the bitching they'll change it yet again.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Or we could keep watching the yearly, BAMA, Clemson, OSU Invitational, with a random 4th team.

I get it. You start giving quite a few other teams a chance in there, the top kids will start wanting to play for other schools. Maybe those top 3 teams will wont sign 75% of the 5 star talent every year

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Or we could keep watching the yearly, BAMA, Clemson, OSU Invitational, with a random 4th team.

I get it. You start giving quite a few other teams a chance in there, the top kids will start wanting to play for other schools. Maybe those top 3 teams will wont sign 75% of the 5 star talent every year

You mean like Notre Dame? lol....

Those other schools have to actually win before the kids will go there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Get gooder. The entertainment factor should have zero bearing on deciding the champion. It should be based on merit and performance during regular season. All this BS does is guarantee team's a shot at the title simply because they won their conf championship or somehow landed in the top 15. Well in the Big 10 that's not very hard. OSU is pretty much a shoe in due to lack of competition. Then you have teams like GA, LSU, Auburn, and others who have their up and down year's, but the years they're good they are stiff competition and can easily knock a team.out of the running. So you have one team who battled it out all season and took a lot of injuries, and another who played a cupcake season full of practice games, both now have an equal shot at the title simply because they won their conference title. And even if they didn't win their conf title, they could still get in. So let's say OSU takes a loss to Wisconsin in the title game and end up ranked 11th as a two loss team. The board still puts them in for the entertainment factor. It's complete bullshit and totally reduces the validity of being called the champion.