Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He's a terrible coach. Caught lightning in a bottle 1 year with a team loaded with NFL talent and an amazing OC

I look at it different. I think he was a great coach who achieved his boyhood dream of not only coaching LSU but even won a natty and he just went hogwild. Won the natty, got divorced, and started banging hot chicks. :ROFLMAO:

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I look at it different. I think he was a great coach who achieved his boyhood dream of not only coaching LSU but even won a natty and he just went hogwild. Won the natty, got divorced, and started banging hot chicks. :ROFLMAO:
I think you nailed it. I think Ed Orgeron is a national treasure, not unlike Mike Leach. I for one will miss the Ed Orgeron vs Closed Captioning videos.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think he was/is just an alright coach that’s a very likeable guy and coach that just had like Ryan said, a team loaded with talent that just needed a super talented well grounded leader like Burrows to win the Natty. The fame and fortune went to his head, he got divorced and temptations got to him. He’s not a great coach though, IMO. Until he chalks Nattys up like cord wood like the one and only Saban will I state that he’s a great coach. No one else comes close in the past decade IMO.

Creamer

Athens
245762642_2941262889467613_4212763755984168268_n.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Didn't watch much besides the highlights and portions of the late games. I'm starting to think there is simply NOT much separation in the teams this year. Maybe Georgia? After that? A bunch of teams pretty close with many weaknesses.

OK and OK State just keep barely winning. Bama had TN close and in stroking distance in the fourth quarter. Cincy barely beat Navy. Wake Forest is undefeated. . . But they are WF and let Army put 56 points on the board. Oregon really shouldn't be ranked 7th, but they beat the Buckeyes so maybe the Buckeyes are over ranked too?

After Georgia, the rest of the teams have all showed plenty of vulnerabilities. Mich and Mich State is a next week and should tell us something. Still a few weeks left, which means GA could still show some weakness. The way this year is going? Nothing would surprise me. I'm just not seeing a clear #2/3/4 right now. All according to who shows up. 2-10 could all be interchanged. Lol

Reactions: the Lackster

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
More of the same. OK went down. I guess you can only squeek thru week to week so many times. That will make Cincy happy. Even though they eeked out wins several weeks in a row. Couple weeks left to see how it plays out. This thread died off pretty good once November rut action picked up. 😁

Reactions: Gern186

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oklahoma- barely won.
Alabama- hung on for a win against 3-8. . .
Wake Forest knocked off by Clemson?
Notre Dame and Cincy both rolled their opponents.
Ohio State stomped #7 in the first half and coasted thru second half.
Georgia stomped a nobody.
Michigan rolled Maryland.
Oregon plays later.

Playoffs are still plenty open. Not locked up by a long shot. Bama loses to Georgia and they'll be done. Bama beat GA? Will be interesting. I think of Oregon and Ohio State win out they will be in. I'd love a rematch.

Cincy just needs some luck. But say Bama is out and either Oregon or Ohio State loses, that puts Cincy in but. . .who gets the last spot? Oklahoma? One loss ND? One loss Michigan?

Could be some excitement next week. Next week is the Iron Bowl and OSU/MI rivalry along with OK/OK State.