Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Columbiana County rabbit hunting

Malone1001

I am new to the forums and was in search of some good folks to possibly link up with for the upcoming rabbit season of 2016-2017. I run 2 blueticks (currently one as my female just had her first litter). I'm a newbie to the sport and still have a lot to learn, although I have had my fair share of memories so far good and bad. I just like to run dogs, am looking for other guys in the area to meet/hunt with and hopefully have a good season. Thanks

Malone1001

Thanks for the welcoming. There is an occasional time me and a friend or one of my brothers may travel if someone has a decent spot as well. Obviously we're not looking to drive 2 hours to hunt a ten acre patch, but if there's a decent acreage involved we would be up for it. I live on almost 90 acres myself, your own property gets old year after year. Not to boot our good rabbit thickets go right along side a rural state rt. that can at times get busy so I always have that in the back of my mind. We have had the rabbits cross the rd before thankfully I always have someone walk the rd edge in case this happens.

Malone1001

I was also wanting to add if anyone knows of a decent "active" beagle club within a reasonable drive of me that would be appreciated. I joined a club up in Mahoning county by the PA state line 2 years ago. I believe they were ARHA. Nice clubhouse and grounds. Seemed like nice guys, but after I paid I never received calls or fliers for events or never even heard from anyone period after that and I live an hour from this club so I can't just stop by to talk with someone.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Most clubs have some sort of Website. Dont' know any beagle clubs that are active in Mahoning County . There was one near Meander Lake and creek at one time quite a few years ago.
There are too many coyotes in Mahoning and Columbiana counties to find fields with rabbits.

Malone1001

I've tried Google search and found info on some clubs as far as name and location, but I haven't found 1 with a website, only Facebook pages and I'm not on Facebook. I guess I was more less looking for someone on here that personally knows about one around NE Ohio. As for rabbits in the field we have never had problems finding em. Have a couple good spots. My wife gets mad quite often because there's always a group that come out right around the kennels toward dark and the dogs won't stop barking at em. Which I find amusing. I have Highlandtown State hunting land about 3.5 mile from my driveway I thinks it's around 4,000 acres give er take. Like I said tho same runs kinda wear on ya just looking for some new places/people. The dogs will find the rabbits.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina