Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Comfort zone stands/blinds buy one get one free

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I went to Dick's in Fairlawn right after reading your post in hopes of stocking up. What a joke that place was... they didn't have squat in that store. The treestands were pretty much all sold out, and the guy working in Sporting Goods said he didn't know anything about a buy one get one free sale. I thought oh well, guess I snooze I lose... so I looked for the ice fishing gear... which ended up being the most pathetic selection I've ever seen. I'm probably not going to go back to that one again.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Are the Comfort Zone 16ft treesticks any good? I seen where Dicks in Florence, KY. had them buy one get on free for $30.
Would this be a good buy?

Schu72

Streetsboro
I went to Dick's in Fairlawn right after reading your post in hopes of stocking up. What a joke that place was... they didn't have squat in that store. The treestands were pretty much all sold out, and the guy working in Sporting Goods said he didn't know anything about a buy one get one free sale. I thought oh well, guess I snooze I lose... so I looked for the ice fishing gear... which ended up being the most pathetic selection I've ever seen. I'm probably not going to go back to that one again.

I bought mine in today in Aurora and they still had a few. I was in the Akron chaple hill store on Thursday and they still had some as well. It doesn't sound like you are too far. It might be worth a phone call at least. I purchased the comfort zone "hunter".

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought mine in today in Aurora and they still had a few. I was in the Akron chaple hill store on Thursday and they still had some as well. It doesn't sound like you are too far. It might be worth a phone call at least. I purchased the comfort zone "hunter".

Yea I might have to look them up... thanks again for the heads-up Schu.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Are the Comfort Zone 16ft treesticks any good? I seen where Dicks in Florence, KY. had them buy one get on free for $30.

I have three sets. They work really good and are not that hard to setup. As far as price goes that is a heck of a deal. I always bought an extra section to make it 20 ft. tall.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Yep. Cost on those are around $30. Maybe $2-5 cheaper for the big box stores due to their purchasing volume, but they are just blowing them out to make room for spring merchandise. If it were me and I was going to use them, I would buy three sets of the 16' ladders and make them into two 24' ladders. Just me though. Usually if I am hanging one of these ladders I use the 20' and end up adding 3-5 screw in steps on top of them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. Cost on those are around $30. Maybe $2-5 cheaper for the big box stores due to their purchasing volume, but they are just blowing them out to make room for spring merchandise. If it were me and I was going to use them, I would buy three sets of the 16' ladders and make them into two 24' ladders. Just me though. Usually if I am hanging one of these ladders I use the 20' and end up adding 3-5 screw in steps on top of them.

Consider purchasing 1 LW stick or 1 Muddy Stick to set at the top of the steps. It adds another 6-7 feet to the top of the section, but also protects against stand theft. And if your on a property that has an issue with either trespassers stealing your stands or others hunting from them. This is a sure fire way to nip that in the bud. Just take the 1 stick in and out with you. I had one guy this year on a property i share permission with here in clark county ask me.. "How the fugg do you get in your stands?? I mean there is like a 7 foot gap between it and your sticks... " I just smiled my shit eating grin and said "How does a fat man get down a chimney? I wiggle my nose..

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had thought about this, but each set has a bottom section, 2 middle sections, and a top section. I'm not sure i could modify the top and bottom to become "middle" sections.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
You would just have one extra set of top and bottoms. Use the two middle sections from the third set to make your other two sets 20' I think Phil just got his math screwed up.

Schu72

Streetsboro
After the talk about the sticks, I went to the akron chaple hill store after work and not only were the sticks not 2 for $30 they were back up to $39 for one set. Bummer...:tantrum:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I thought that sounded pretty dang cheap. When you sell those sticks, you are only making around $5-8 per unit.