Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool encounter

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I had a cool encounter yesterday afternoon.
I've been bow hunting for over 30 years and have never witnessed a buck breed a doe. Well that changed yesterday when these two love birds showed up.
They were in front of me for about 10 minutes. It was something to see! Here are a few of the videos I captured.

And here is a cool video we got on one of our trail cams. Probably the best example of a snort wheeze I have ever heard.

rsmith

Wow that’s some awesome footage you got! Very cool! And the snort wheeze is definitely a unique sound. After hearing that most calls that try and mimic that sound nothing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing that Larry! I’ve watched two mature bucks breed in all my years hunting and it is special for sure. I agree with Mike though, she stood for him and did everything but stuck it in there for him and he was struggling BIGTIME! She actually looked as though she was running out of patience or losing the mood....😂🤣😂
The snort wheeze was incredible 👍🏻

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Thanks for sharing that Larry! I’ve watched two mature bucks breed in all my years hunting and it is special for sure. I agree with Mike though, she stood for him and did everything but stuck it in there for him and he was struggling BIGTIME! She actually looked as though she was running out of patience or losing the mood....😂🤣😂
The snort wheeze was incredible 👍🏻
You should see some of the other videos I got. He gets her pushed against a bush and is poking her in the side. Hey - we all had to get it figured out!

That is some great video in over 40 years of bow hunting I have only seen it once and not that close up

The snort wheeze video is also amazing, no way I could duplicate that sound with just my vocal cords

Thanks for taking the time to post them

P.S. I know form your other threads that you have some great deer, but I might have tough time letting that buck walk

Reactions: Iowa_Buckeye