Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool Quote Feature.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Have you ever wanted to quote a person's reply but only a piece of it? How about a piece of multiple peoples replies?

Well hold on to your ass and check this out!

Notice I've selected a piece of "J"s post in the image below. When I did so a little box popped up asking if I wanted to Quote or Reply.

1530808405598.png

Selecting reply would immediately take me to the reply box and Quote just that portion of his post.

1530808584624.png

But If I select "Quote" it saves it for later. As I kept reading I noticed pieces of other posts that I wanted to quote also. So I highlighted them and also clicked "quote" and kept reading.

Once I got to the end of the thread it's time to reply to all of the things I wanted to quote.

I simply click "Insert Quotes" below my reply box.

1530808747681.png

A screen will pop up will all of the pieces that you selected to quote.

1530808794174.png

If you changed your mind you can select individual quotes to remove. If they are in the wrong order just grab the little hamburger stack on the left and drag it up or down arranging them in the order you wish. When you're done simply click "Quote messages" and they will be added to the reply box.

1530808967013.png

This also works when you want to quote an entire post. Just simply click the "quote" link at the bottom right of a page.

1530809035066.png

But Joe I use tapatalk! Well do I have some news for you... Tapatalk Sucks! Reason number 5,678,456 why you should consider using the mobile site.