Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coon hunting

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Nutin to see here....

coon.jpg

Left field

It boils down to the younger generation are too busy play with their thing, I mean smart phones. My brother and I ran a coon dog 50 yrs ago and it was fun. I still laugh when I think of that Blue Tick dog as it wouldn't walk across a bridge. We would have to drag it across. Once across it would start hunting again.
40 yrs ago I had a customer that had a 50 ft house trailer that he kept his coon dogs in. Heated and air conditioned. But at that time he had dogs selling for 8-10K which was the price of 2 nice cars. Go figure.
Have a buddy at work him & his 12 year old still run dogs wife absolutely can’t stand hounds and we live in the city so …

Left field

When first got married I worked night shift wife wanted a dog for company went to animal shelter &there’s a real pretty redbone named Daisy I open her cage and she’s out like a red flash us and workers trying to catch her poor girl didn’t get out enough and she soon went somewhere for “rehab” whatever the hell that is hope she found a great home and lots of room to run