Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccine

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Thats a tough one Joe - i think it should be up to the individual to decide if they want the vaccine or not - but government has already required vaccines for school kids and now some employers require flu shots - who knows whats around the next bend in the road its more complex every day - then you got the military they shot the shit out of me befor i went overseas

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Even on a extended holiday weekend, news stories such as this may get over looked.

Yep, a very recently published MSN news article. Below are just a few tidbit quotes from within the article itself.

If interested, you can click the internet source link at the bottom to read the rest of it. It is lengthy, but it may be worth it.

Regardless whether you do or not, the information DOES NOT change my personal stance on vaccines. I will NOT be vaccinated by any government planned "Operation Warp Speed" program. The government can shove that shit right up their a$$!

No matter what happens in the near future, I will absolutely refuse a rush to order vaccine. I will not comply with any such vaccine mandate order too, no matter what.

It's nonnegotiable with me, period!

I will always respect the wishes of those that want to be vaccinated. I hope for the same respect in return.

Is nation ready for COVID-19 vaccine?

News 5 hrs ago

Millions of Americans are counting on a COVID-19 vaccine to curb the global pandemic and return life to normal.

While one or more options could be available toward the end of this year or early next, the path to delivering vaccines to 330 million people remains unclear for the local health officials expected to carry out the work.

With only about half of Americans saying they would get vaccinated, according to a poll from AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, it also will be crucial to educate people about the benefits of vaccination

The unprecedented pace of vaccine development has left many Americans skeptical about the safety of COVID-19 immunizations; others simply don't trust the federal government.

Paying for the rollout

The U.S. has committed more than $10 billion to develop new coronavirus vaccines but hasn't allocated money specifically for distributing and administering vaccines.

And while states, territories and 154 large cities and counties received billions in congressional emergency aid, that money can be used for a variety of purposes, including testing and overtime pay.

What's the plan?

Then there's the basic question of scale. The federally funded Vaccines for Children program immunizes 40 million children each year. In 2009 and 2010, the CDC scaled up to vaccinate 81 million people against pandemic H1N1 influenza. And last winter, the country distributed 175 million vaccines for seasonal influenza vaccine, according to the CDC.

But for the U.S. to reach herd immunity against the coronavirus, most experts say, the nation would likely need to vaccinate roughly 70% of Americans, which translates to 200 million people and — because the first vaccines will require two doses to be effective — 400 million shots.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/is-nation-ready-for-covid-19-vaccine/ar-BB18JKJ1

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Apr 7, 2020 - I stated the following within 2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

"I predict that a vaccine will be sooner than later, much sooner!

Problem - reaction - solution..."

Below is a sourced report that suggests that my previous statement may be true, and I wasn't even wearing my tinfoil hat at the time when I posted it either.

Anyhow, there are other archived documents I've already read a while back that kind of emboldened me to make that prediction. What is below is just another report that reaffirms my suspicions.

I leave it with all of you to make your own determination, thanks!

Sep 07, 2020 - Newly sourced report @: https://ise.media/video/exclusive-c...ned-of-deliberate-coronavirus-release-31.html

Newly unearthed documents from Moderna Pharmaceuticals Covid patent application include a claim of concern about a "deliberate release of SARS coronavirus" 9 months before the official emergence of Covid-19. In addition, it turns out that Moderna may not have the legal right to even release its vaccine in the next few weeks because the company appears to be infringing on an exisiting patent for the core technology. Is this why Moderna's executives are selling their stock?

We have made it easy for the Big Tech Censors to find the source documents. Here the are:

US10702600B1
https://bit.ly/3bD3McU

March 2019 reference to the “deliberate release” of SARS
Application 16/368,270 and these four other applications:

https://bit.ly/2DCdQ9E
https://bit.ly/2R3xVsC
https://bit.ly/323Nk2q
https://bit.ly/325mcjp

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
More relevant CV-19 vaccine information where I copied just a small portion of the actual news article. If interested, you can checkout the rest of it by clicking on one of the inks below.

Exclusive: Two-thirds of Americans say they won't get COVID-19 vaccine when it's first available, USA TODAY/Suffolk Poll shows

Posted On : September 7, 2020 Published By : USA TODAY

“You probably need between 70 and 80% of the population to get immune in order to really control COVID,” he said. “And when I say immune, I mean both get the vaccine and the vaccine worked for them.”

The USA TODAY/Suffolk Poll found that about two-thirds of the 1,000 voters surveyed – 67% – would either not take the vaccine until others have tried it (44%) or not take it at all (23%)

The other third of respondents were split between those who said they would take the vaccine as soon as it’s available (27%) or those who were undecided (6%). Those 75 and older were by far the likeliest to say they would get the vaccine right away.

The poll, taken Aug. 28-31, surveyed registered voters by cellphone and landline and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.

Source: https://www.libertyforpatriots.com/...first-available-usa-today-suffolk-poll-shows/

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Perhaps a different approach will persuade those unwilling to roll up their sleeves initially and take the CV-19 vaccine might work?

IDK it for-sure, but I'm willing to bet that many desperate people will accept that kind of deal sadly enough.

August 29, 2020 - Yahoo Finance:

Economist: Pay Americans $1,000 each to take a coronavirus vaccine

News article & video news report @ https://finance.yahoo.com/news/econ...accine-instead-of-forcing-them-222034662.html

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Vaccine Study Halted Over "Serious Adverse Side Effects" PLUS Sweden Falls Below U.S. C0VID Death Rate.

How comeback kid Sweden got the last laugh on coronavirus: Infections and deaths fall to record lows and economy improves as Britain removes the country that shunned lock-down from the quarantine list
  • Sweden's infection rate, once the highest in Europe, is now lower than in UK, Spain, France, Italy or Denmark
  • Curve was flattened without a lockdown as government trusted Swedes to take necessary hygiene measures
  • Falling cases and deaths have led Britain to regard the country as safe and remove it from quarantine list
  • Swedish economy has seen a milder downturn than in much of Europe as shops and restaurants stayed open
PUBLISHED: 07:22 EDT, 11 September 2020 - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8722051/How-comeback-kid-Sweden-got-laugh-coronavirus.html

Oxford Scientists: These Are Final Steps We’re Taking to Get Our Coronavirus Vaccine Approved

Published Sep 09, 2020

Of the hundreds of potential Covid-19 vaccines in development, six are in the final stages of testing, known as phase three clinical trials. One of these—ChAdOx1 nCoV-19—is the vaccine we’re developing at the University of Oxford.

To be approved, vaccines need to go through multiple rounds of testing to show that they’re safe and effective. A combined phase one and phase two trial of the Oxford vaccine has demonstrated that it is safe—with only short-term side-effects and no serious unexpected events reported—and that it elicits an immune response.

The purpose of a phase three trial is to assess whether this vaccine-induced immune response is strong enough to actually protect people from Covid-19. Proving this would pave the way for the vaccine to become publicly available.

How a Phase Three Trial Works
Usually a phase three trial has two groups, one receiving the vaccine being tested and the other a placebo or “control” injection, for example saline or a vaccine against a different disease.

To show that the vaccine is effective, there should be significantly fewer cases of the target disease in the vaccinated group compared with the control group. Depending on infection rates for the disease, a phase three vaccine trial may involve thousands to tens of thousands of volunteers.

For ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, clinical trial volunteers are located in countries across five continents: the UK, Brazil, South Africa, the US, and India. The vaccine is being evaluated in these different regions and populations of the world to ensure that results of the trial are “generalizable”—that is, that its findings can be said to apply to people outside of the groups tested.

In the UK we’re testing the vaccine in health workers, as they’re more likely to be exposed to infection than the general population. The trial there also includes volunteers from the public who are over 70. Older people are at higher risk of developing severe disease, so it’s important to know if they respond to the vaccine.

Oxford and our international partners have already vaccinated approximately 17,000 people in the first three countries selected (the UK, Brazil, and South Africa), with half receiving a control vaccine. Most volunteers are receiving a booster vaccination one to three months after the first, as data from our phase one/two trial indicates that this strengthens the immune response—although it’s not yet clear whether two doses will be necessary to protect against Covid-19.

Once vaccinated, volunteers go about their daily lives, but are monitored to see if they get the disease. Importantly, they are told to take the same precautions against infection as everyone else—this is because we don’t yet know if the vaccine works, and also because half of the volunteers will have received a control (non-Covid) vaccine.

Running phase three clinical trials in several different countries in record time is a huge logistical challenge. Working with experienced international teams has made the complex process of shipping equipment and vaccines manageable, but it’s been especially taxing due to travel and flight restrictions in the UK and elsewhere.

There are also lots of different operations that need to be coordinated. We’re testing the vaccine with our partners at three trial sites in Brazil and seven in South Africa, for example.

Will the Vaccine Be Safe?
Most vaccines take at least five years to go through clinical trials, and there have been questions around whether Covid-19 vaccines are being “rushed through.” The Oxford vaccine has completed a program of pre-clinical safety testing in animals and is going through the same carefully regulated process as vaccines against other diseases. It will be tested in more volunteers in the planned clinical trials than many drugs or vaccines that are already licensed.

Vaccines like Oxford’s are being developed rapidly because of the coordinated efforts of large international teams of scientists and doctors. Safety, ethics, and regulatory committees are speeding things up by prioritizing approval processes ahead of those for other vaccines and medicines. Nevertheless, the same rigorous standards are applied to candidate Covid-19 vaccines, ensuring no corners are cut in terms of vaccine safety.

When Will We Know if the Oxford Vaccine Works?
There’s a good chance we’ll know whether the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine is effective before the end of 2020. After the successful completion of phase three trials, regulatory bodies in each country will need to review the available data before approving the vaccine for general use.

AstraZeneca, the firm partnering Oxford to develop the vaccine, is overseeing a scaling up of manufacturing in parallel with clinical testing so that hundreds of millions of doses can be available if the vaccine is shown to be safe and effective.

This article is republished from The Conversation under a Creative Commons license. Read the original article.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What most don't understand is a virus is not unilateral. In areas where it spreads quite easy they will see a spike first. In areas less densely populated the spread may be slower yet continual. When we first saw spikes in the US they were all in city centers. This caused the entire US to quarantine. This didn't stop anything just prolonged the inevitable. As we opened back up states that had not yet seen a spike because they closed before one could happen have now seen one. If you are heading towards a wall in a car and stop, then start going again, you didn't prevent anything, only prolonged it. So when the US was getting killed in the press about being the worst country in the world and comparing us to Europe, other countries had not yet relaxed quarantine measures. Not long after they did they too saw a spike. It was the same for states. Florida and Texas were first to lift lockdown restrictions, soon after the media and the left started to hammer them for being dumbasses because cases were spiking. They compared them to places like California and NY. Well, those states soon followed suit and now they are seeing spikes. The reality is this is a virus that spreads at different rates based on population density and other measures. There is no escaping it, only delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: Jamie

Outside

One of the single most important reasons to re-elect Trump is to make sure he presses forward with compelling the FDA to act. So far two of the biggest blunders in the SARS-COV2 story are because of inaction at FDA.

The 'test perscription / approval' debacle was worth about 14,000 deaths. Hoffman-LaRoche had a test lined up prior to insistance from FDA for product validation. - Trump pushed that through.

This most recent 'Vaccines won't be ready until Q3-2021' was another example. The CDC can only repeat what they hear from FDA. They have no power to approve or deny vaccines.

Get the vaccine ready, and release it as soon as possible.

Reactions: Jamie and Jackalope

Outside

Whether you or I take the vaccine is irrelevant. Trial data is probably irrelevant. The vaccine is attempting to limit hospital admissions. 90% of people admitted to hospitals are discharged in 21 days or less.

So vaccines are more of a ‘freedom of movement’ key for morons in the press, than anything else.