Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote K9 teeth removal?

I'm thinking of taking a knife to split the gum around the tooth and use a pair of needle-nosed pliers to pull them out. I'd like to pull the tooth from below the gum line, so as not to damage the tooth's appearance.

I'll probably get some strange looks, but I may ask my dentist. lol

Bowhunter57

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Cut off his snout and boil it....teeth fall right out. Should come out easy while it's still hot.

If he happens to still be alive I would pet him first.:smiley_coolpeace:

I just watched a video on YouTube for a dog canine tooth removal. I wouldn't have to be as cautious about cutting away the gum tissue, as they were doing for the dog at the Vet's office. However, it appeared pretty straight forward.

Now, for the easy part....finding a coyote. :smiley_chinrub:
Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just watched a video on YouTube for a dog canine tooth removal. I wouldn't have to be as cautious about cutting away the gum tissue, as they were doing for the dog at the Vet's office. However, it appeared pretty straight forward.

Now, for the easy part....finding a coyote. :smiley_chinrub:
Bowhunter57

Have you killed any yet this year? I don't remember. Haven't slept much. Been busy. I know you were gearing up for it and pretty pumped to kill some coyotes this year.

Have you killed any yet this year? I know you were gearing up for it and pretty pumped to kill some coyotes this year.

I've not been out, since this arctic cold blast hit us. Those coyotes aren't going anywhere, till I get out there. Yes, I'm geared up for it. Bought a Savage Axis XP, heavy barrel, digital camo stock, 3x12 Bushnell (came with the rifle) and a tall bi-pod, in .22-250. I've reloaded some 55gr. Hornady V-Max bullets at 3500 fps, sighted it in at a 150 zero and I'm ready to rock! Just bought some German Snow Camo too.

Here's the necklace. I used sinew to tie my wedding band to it, because I can't wear rings. These are the bottom teeth of the g-hog. The top teeth have a stronger curl, instead of a curve to them. The clasp, bead wire and other beads were purchased at a bead shop.
G-Hog Necklace.jpg

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice necklace. I couldn't remember if you had gotten any this year or not. I just remembered you being pretty jacked up to get after them. Good luck Sir!