Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crazy crash causes death

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Pop up car event leads to a person getting killed in a wreck. The video is nuts. @Sgt Fury is this near you?

the crash starts at 50 seconds
About 1 1/2 hours southeast of me. I used to work in wildwood back in the mid to late 90’s repairing/installing pay phones for Ma Bell. Cell phones killed that industry. The one guy that got killed was from Clayton, which is about ten minutes from my house. Wildwood is known for being “wild”. Lots of college kids party there. They also cater to the adult crowds…there’s a section in north wildwood with lots of Irish bars and they are always having some sort of event there. It draws people from all over the east coast…for some reason people from Quebec flock there during the summer also. Lots of signage in English/French on most establishments. Easy to pick out with their French accents and speedo’s. There’s a locally famous cold case of a young college woman who was gang raped in the early 90’s and was left behind a dumpster at a popular restaurant. It gets cool at night and the coroner ruled her death as exposure. There was talk of a coverup by the police as there was someone involved with higher up connections. The case is still unsolved. Wildwood is a magnet for all kinds of strange people in the summer time. Ocean city is another one, but not quite as bad.