Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Creamer's 2022-2023 Trail Cam Pics

Creamer

Athens
I've slowly started rolling out some cameras. A few up on private, a few up on public.

Headless me setting up a mock scrape in a public bedding area.

I'm getting mostly doe traffic on this one for now. There was a lot of buck sign along this bench last season.

Small buck

I got this public cam up recently. It bore fruit on the first morning.

He's dropping right into a bedding area.

I've got a few non-cell units out that I need to check that have been soaking for a few weeks. Hopefully they'll have good info.

Creamer

Athens
I did a speed hike at lunch to pull a camera off of public that had about a 3 week soak. It's a tricky spot because deer use it all the time but there's several routes through it. I picked one trail but one camera can't begin to cover it all. I've had a ton of deer encounters and missed a solid buck in this spot last year when I misjudged yardage. Nothing outstanding, mostly does and a few small bucks.

Creamer

Athens
The cam I had hooked up to the Cell Link on private was my oldest camera, but I liked it because it took good pics. It stopped working while we were on vacation last weekend so I paid it a visit. It had croaked, finally. I swapped in another Wildgame and immediately started getting pics again.

Tom Holmes.

New buck out there. On public, I'd probably not hesitate to shoot him. On private...just don't know. I know he's on the younger side, but I'd have a tough time not letting fly if he gives me an opportunity.

Creamer

Athens
I've been resisting the urge to move this camera because I knew it was a "long game" sort of setup. It's on the edge of a bedding area, natural travel route coming up from a bottom below. The vine hanging is a mock scrape I set up where there was a natural scrape the year before. The buck I missed with the longbow was cruising from this bedding area to me last season. It finally got a buck, it had been all does and predators.

Creamer

Athens
Looking good. Is that one on the hit list?

For sure. This bachelor group has been somewhat consistent moving through this spot in shooting light in the mornings. I might very well be there opening morning. In the photos, they are coming up from below (old logging road leads to this spot from below) and my entrance would be from the opposite side. Morning thermals would be pulling my scent uphill away from them. It could definitely work.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd agree with that, Jeff. That long, forward-leaning G3 on his left side is a good indicator that it's the same deer. Old deer have "hard lines" to them in pics that young bucks don't have. Young bucks are "smooth" and he's clearly a gnarly old thing, IMO.