Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Creamer's trail cam pics

Creamer

Athens
June 6.

New guy, looking wide, showed on this card pull. Camera batteries died several days ago.

By my count, I've had at least 5 different bucks in the back yard. That's an unusually high number. Two of them are virtually twin dinks that, if I didn't have a picture with both of them in it, I would think it was one deer. This is the 6th year living there and off the top of my head I can't remember getting more than 2 bucks on camera in the summer here.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I've only had a couple of scrub bucks behind my place thus far. I usually don't see any good ones until the beans start flowering. Right now the field is all weeds so we'll see what happens in the next month or so.

Reactions: Creamer

Creamer

Athens
So I got ballsy and hung a camera on some public ground. I had it in a pretty subtle location, a saddle I found over the winter that had a lot of sign. Being paranoid, I brushed the camera in pretty well.

Too well. The leaves dropped and partially covered the lens a lot.

It made nighttime pics useless. The flash was reflecting right back into the lens.

When the lens wasn't obscured, I got a few deer on camera. I had the camera up for about two weeks.

Creamer

Athens
Slow start to the trail cam "season" for me, but it's nothing new. I typically do not start getting buck photos consistently here until mid-October. I'm getting tons and tons of turkey pics, which is new for this property. Lots of longbeards, too.

I have a feeling I will see this buck a lot this year.

Some daylight does.

Creamer

Athens
The deer I had on camera last year that dropped his antlers real early (mid-December) showed back up. Pretty much looks identical to last year. I'm a little relieved to see him because with dropping so early last year I wondered if it was a sign he was injured or stressed.

Creamer

Athens
So last winter when I was scouting some public ground, I found one really obscure little spot with lots of sign that I thought was promising. Deer sign, yes...people sign, no. Just an out-of-the-way little spot I doubt many people ever go into. I hung a camera last week and left it for 5 days. I pulled it today.