Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crossbow Broadheads

Forgot to post this but we sighted in her crossbow the other day. She shot it out to 50 yards too. Pretty damn accurate and that bolt zips to the target.
1632227828213.jpeg

Still prefer a mechanical for the crossbow for the ease of application, but made the shift to these this year. We'll see how they do soon enough, hopefully.

View attachment 135824

She now has a list of other heads to look at and those are on there at the top for mechanicals. Thanks for sharing what you are using with your crossbow set up @bowhunter1023

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm sure you recall my experience with Montecs and I was quick to blame the head, but the Indian should have made sure they were sharp. I picked up some Rages when I stared prepping things for Kaydence and they definitely work, but her buck last year reminded me why holes are better than slits. (That's what she said... 😂)

I'm rebuilding her bolts tonight and can share those details, too. Even though we have a cheaper crossbow, I've been pleased with it. Good recommendation by @xbowguy on that. True to his name!

I'm sure you recall my experience with Montecs and I was quick to blame the head, but the Indian should have made sure they were sharp. I picked up some Rages when I stared prepping things for Kaydence and they definitely work, but her buck last year reminded me why holes are better than slits. (That's what she said... 😂)

I'm rebuilding her bolts tonight and can share those details, too. Even though we have a cheaper crossbow, I've been pleased with it. Good recommendation by @xbowguy on that. True to his name!
I do recall your experiences, enough that I have taken that into account on that head. There are many others out there who have had similar with that head too, enough to make me think we just need to avoid it if possible. Shooter error, blah blah blah, sometimes you have to have confidence in the equipment too. I'm still thinking she will pass on them and go with a different option, mechanical or fixed I'm not sure though. But in the end I am still leaving it up to her on what she ends up shooting. Definitely share your details on the bolt re-build, it's more to pass on to her and for me to think about.

Reactions: bowhunter1023