Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cutting carbon arrows?

Bowkills

Nw oh
What type of blade u recommend? Have a drimel but no blades at the moment. Bow shops always done mine but I got box of arrows I don't want to take them to someone not buying from them.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
3AC68F2E-502A-44DC-A09E-FF9BEF46F9BC.jpeg
D2C78F03-3A17-4EBC-ADCA-9948CBBDA3FC.jpeg

Here’s the one I use...I mounted it onto a big board for stability/portability.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've done it with a Dremel and a cut-off wheel. Like already mentioned, making a square cut is the tough part. I made a jig that would hold the Dremel stationary and would allow me to spin the arrow while making the cut. Not ideal, but it worked. I was bareshaft tuning and cutting the back end of the arrow. If I were cutting the front end I probably wouldn't use a Dremel.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've done it with a dremmel. Clamp it to the edge of a work table and drive a small finish nail at the right distance from the blade. Nock the arrow on the nail and move it towards the wheel. Use one of the larger cutoff wheels that are thin.

You can also take them to a shop and pay them to cut them even though you didn't buy them there. Just ask a price. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $3.

I made my own arrow cutter basicly a rip off of the model sgt fury has. I used a 20 dollar harbor fright mini chop saw and a piece of angle iron to act as a guide. I ordered the arrow cutting replacement wheels off lancaster archery supply. Whatever you are using make sure you have a vacuum set up to collect carbon fiber dust as you are cutting. Carbon fiber dust is very hazardous to your health.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I made my own arrow cutter basicly a rip off of the model sgt fury has. I used a 20 dollar harbor fright mini chop saw and a piece of angle iron to act as a guide. I ordered the arrow cutting replacement wheels off lancaster archery supply. Whatever you are using make sure you have a vacuum set up to collect carbon fiber dust as you are cutting. Carbon fiber dust is very hazardous to your health.
I better clean mine then....as you can see in the pic, there is some carbon dust on the shelf.🙈