Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dads boat

Wanted to share some pictures and a brief story of my dads boat.
My dad was what you might call a chain smoker back in the day. He had a religious 4 pack a day habit with occasional 6 pack days. To be precise he smoked Vantage 100s. He worked two jobs for many years and he says thats what kept him awake and alert. He promised my sister that he would quit smoking when he got his own bass boat. Well, spring of 1986 he settled on a Ranger 352 Grand National, blue flake, with a 150 yamaha, lowrance paper graph on the console, and a flasher on the bow. When he left that morning to go pick up his boat my sister hugged him on the leg and said "daddy, don't bring no cigarettes back home." Dad said he smoked them as hard as he could on the way to pick up his boat but he was a man of his word.

Flash forward to this past weekend dad is still in that old ranger catching big bass!! Still looks the way it did when he pulled it in the driveway for the first time. He has taken exceptional care of that boat over the years and it really taught me at a young age how important it is to take care of your stuff. I know it makes him proud to have 3 generations fish in that boat together and to know deep down that his boat has probably spared his health. Looking forward to ripping lips with him here real soon! Also he still has his last two pack of Vantage 100s on top of his refrigerator till this day.
20210228_090111.jpg
20210225_174824.jpg
20210225_174812.jpg
IMG_20210228_090942_964.jpg
IMG_1277.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Those were awesome boats back in the day, newer technology has taken over but those old classics will always turn my head.... Those old Yamaha motors were tanks, they ran for ever....

Reactions: the Lackster

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great story, bud. I am amazed at the seemingly-new condition of your dad's boat. That's got to be the cleanest 30+ year old boat I've ever seen.

Reactions: the Lackster
Great story, bud. I am amazed at the seemingly-new condition of your dad's boat. That's got to be the cleanest 30+ year old boat I've ever seen.
Thank you, it has lived in a blacked out shop with a cover on it since he bought it. A lot of folks have mixed thoughts on using lemon pledge but he wipes his down when he gets it off the water. I reckon it hasn't done any damage to it so far.

Reactions: jagermeister