Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Damn Liberal towns

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Grandson had an away football game for their last regular season game. We won, but I did a slow burn .....

20221002_130701.jpg

They didn't even play the National Anthem, like we do for our home games. Not sure the town can be blamed, but felt good. On another note, thier crowd vs OUR crowd. Go Valley !

20221002_130710.jpg
20221002_142513.jpg

Bigcountry40

It looks like junior high or pee wee and I have never seen a national anthem or any flags put out for junior high or junior varsity. I’ve coached in 3 different states

Bigcountry40

if it’s a grass field and the varsity plays a few away games, it not uncommon for junior high and jv to play on basically an unpainted field

Bigcountry40

Next time you go to a high school football you’ll notice that 95% of the teams don’t come out of locker room until after the national anthem, this was a common practice until Colin kapernick controversy then some conferences required teams have to be out for the anthem. Personal opinion it’s a pain in the ass because the anthem is played before the big team entrance and running through the banner.

Bigcountry40

Who knows the details, other than my thoughts on the subject. Just the same, our district is adamant about showing respect. I always thought school functions required the flag.
Like I said other than varsity games, it’s a rarity, some varsity baseball and softball don’t play the anthem and some field’s don’t even have flag poles.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just out curiosity Phil, how many cross country and track meets did they play the anthem ?
Not seen it at many cross country meets. Track invitationals usually did. Every soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and volleyball game has it played at our high school. Not sure about tennis or golf because I've never attended one of those events. As a general rule you could say: if it is an event with a PA system, announcer, and flag waving, they play the anthem.

Reactions: aholdren