Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Daughter's first deer

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
We pulled off the trifecta this year and all from our own place so that's really cool. We bought this place hoping one day I could have somewhere to take my kids and ol sis got it done this morning on a big mature doe. It was cold and still as could be but I brought our heater and we bundled hoping hoping to make it till atleast 9. Luckily at 745 I heard deer coming from our left. The first couple does came out of the brush and then they kept coming. There was 9 together with no bucks following them strangely. My daughter insisted on using her crossbow but I grabbed the 450 when we left and told her just incase lol. It was pretty intense for a while trying to be still and not get busted, the big does knew something wasn't right. They wouldn't commit to walking out in front of us so once a couple got behind some trees I convinced my daughter and made the switch to the rifle. She kept getting the end of the barrel stuck in the window material and they started to get even more spooky and I knew they were about to bolt. I was able to get her scooted to the left just a bit and the barrel cleared and finally got her lined up on one of the bigger deer. Just as she was making a move to run the rifle went off and I knew the deer was toast. We lost sight of which deer she shot at in the after math but there were tails going everywhere, except I watched one doe peel of by herself and head up the draw. I assumed that was the one she hit. We gave her an hour and went to look for blood. My daughter found first blood and pieces of bone and muscle leading in the direction of the one I watched. Surprisingly the doe made it 100-150 yds with a hole from a 450 blown through her heart and destroyed the offside shoulder. I've shot 3 mature bucks with that gun that all died within 50yds. Very proud of both her and my wife this year. Hope we can repeat it next fall.
20221119_091804.jpg
20221119_091742.jpg
received_5235679039871273.jpeg
Screenshot_20221102-231349_Gallery.jpg

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Thanks everyone she's super excited to get one, although I asked her if she wanted to go try again tomorrow and she said nah I already got one lol

Reactions: "J"