Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Db darkhorse

Gordo

Athens County
Was supposed to get it tommorow but showed up this morning before work.

Figured "what the hell, lets pop this sucker up real quick", what a pain in the ass. That think kicked my ass and i still didnt get it up. Should have waited as im sure im missing some little detail as usual.

That guy in the youtube video that sets it up in 7 seconds can piss off

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
lmao rotflmao lmao rotflmao lmao Fug them people like Greg on there with his climbing sticks! I had the Brickhouse TSC and that thing was easy up but down fuggin sucked.

Beentown

Gordo

Athens County
Got the darkhorse up no prob tonight. Not sure how i failed this morning(other than being incompetent in the a.m.) I think its going to work well for me.

Do you guys use the "shoot through mesh"? Im going to put it to the test tommorow and see if my arrows fly perfect through it with the slick tricks.

After getting used to it in the yard tommorow im hoping to have it set up in the thick shit by wednesday. Giggity

badger

*Supporting Member*
I've had mine for two years now and I still have problems popping it up real fast. This year I set it up and left it for the deer to get used to. I've only hunted it once since I brushed it in here. Planning on sitting in it for muzzy season.

I never tried shooting through the mesh yet. If you do leave it up for an extended period, snow can collapse the roof. I cut a support pole for mine that I prop the center hub with when I get out of the blind.

http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?833-Brushing-In-A-Blind

Gordo

Athens County
Well it looks like im going to use the mesh, doesnt seem to effect arrow flight.

Next concern is low light and not being able to see my pins in there.

Anyone have one of those "viper sight lights" or have any experience with them.

Looks like i could get one for under $30

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I don't shoot through the mesh. Just another variable for me that I choose to remove from the equation.

I have the newest Viper light and it is awesome. You will have no issue with seeing your pins in the blind if you have that light. I revamped my sights this year going with all flo. green .019" pins, the new light, and a sun shade. Can't complain one bit!

Gordo

Athens County
Shes all brushed in. First hunt tommorow afternoon! Pretty stoked.

Endedup getting this apex sight light. No dimmerwhich sucks, but for twenty bucks and immediate possesion it will work for now.

epe

Lancaster
Have you guys had problems with deer spooking with unbrushed blinds? I never do with mine. The biggest buck I have shot, was taken out of a picked silage field, and I put the blind up two hours before I got him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn, sounds like my brushing in time may have been a waisteful disturbance.

No, no, no... I wouldn't say that. Putting in cover is probably a bonus. However, I've popped these things up in open fields before and had deer walk by. If you're in a hurry to get set up it can be done.
But, putting it in cover, putting leaves or branches on it, etc... can only help.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
You guys jusp pop them up anywhere and not worry about placing it in any kind of cover?

It's mandatory that it be brushed in IMO. Obviously you can kill deer out of one that is not brushed in, but if the objective is a mature buck or doe, it had better blend in. I brush the hell outta all my blinds. It's the only way to roll!

epe

Lancaster
It's mandatory that it be brushed in IMO. Obviously you can kill deer out of one that is not brushed in, but if the objective is a mature buck or doe, it had better blend in. I brush the hell outta all my blinds. It's the only way to roll!

Sorry man, but I gotta disagree with you on that one. I have seen some of my biggest bucks out of unbrushed in blinds. I just do not think they associate the shape with danger. I think it looks like a blow down, or root ball popped up. When storms come through, do you think the deer avoid all the fallen trees? This is what my blind looked like, and what it got..