Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dear Al Gore,

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep! I pity the kid who hits one off the fists or end of the bat today. Ouch!

That's the first thing I thought of! That's the worst!!!

The only opposite field home run I hit in high school, I hit on a 40 degree day in the wind and blowing sleet. I hit it off the end of the bat and I literally thought I broke my hands! That's the worst sting I've ever felt!!! I managed to hit it high enough that it carried over the fence. I ran the bases shaking my hands the entire time! I looked like a faggot on a home run trot!!! (Not that that differed from any other home run trot!!!)

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
That's the first thing I thought of! That's the worst!!!

The only opposite field home run I hit in high school, I hit on a 40 degree day in the wind and blowing sleet. I hit it off the end of the bat and I literally thought I broke my hands! That's the worst sting I've ever felt!!! I managed to hit it high enough that it carried over the fence. I ran the bases shaking my hands the entire time! I looked like a faggot on a home run trot!!! (Not that that differed from any other home run trot!!!)

Man does that suck!! I remember that feeling....not gripping the bat tight enough on a cold day...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I saw an article today that this March we have only had 7 days in Cleveland where the temperature reached 50. Last year, 18 days reached/exceeded 50.