Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Age

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got my results back from deerrage.com from the teeth I sent in to be tested. This past seasons 194 inch buck with the muzzy was 4.5 years old and the season before 167 inch buck with the recurve was also 4.5 yrs old. Good to know the actual age and not be guessing what it is. Very proud to have been able to kill such nice bucks. I have a shed from both bucks and the 194" buck put on over 50 inches and the 167" put on over 30 inches the year I killed them.
Screenshot_20220419-111353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220419-111412_Chrome.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lol...dont know too many guys that are gonna pass those 2 bucks up when they walk by.😂😂😂 ya let em walk and the neighbors kill em. Their were 5 other guys that were hunting him on the other properties that border us.
No doubt

I wouldn’t have passed the 160” 8 that was running on the farm with him. 🤗
I bet those same 5 guys and more were after him as well. Hopefully you’ll get a crack at him this year but he’s prolly only 4.5 as well. The genetics in that area is unreal and the draw that farm has during the winter months is unbelievable especially for the number of buck deer.🤗👍🏻

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That is awesome!! The buck in my profile was 5.5 (per Deer Age as well) - he didn't score even close to those studs!!

4.5-year-old 150+ is an absolute pig! Congrats on them both.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No doubt

I wouldn’t have passed the 160” 8 that was running on the farm with him. 🤗
I bet those same 5 guys and more were after him as well. Hopefully you’ll get a crack at him this year but he’s prolly only 4.5 as well. The genetics in that area is unreal and the draw that farm has during the winter months is unbelievable especially for the number of buck deer.🤗👍🏻
Ric I think the 8 will be 5.5 this year..his 3.5 yr old sheds were 162 as a 10 he just got a little busted up last season and was a 9 till he broke part of his beam off. Time will tell.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Bighoun52

In the woods
Safe to assume these are fairly accurate tests? If so, I may use them in the future.

And impressive they were not older. Never would have guessed that much growth in 4 years. Wild man!
I can’t remember if the top of my head but I believe they say 85-90 percent accuracy. But I’m not sure that’s the exact number. We know a lot of our bucks and the ages have come back very accurate so far. If you don’t think the age is correct you can ask to it to be examined again.