Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Cape

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Unfortunately my deer cape was not salvageable, would any of you know resources or links to finding a short haired late summer hide? I located one locally but it was from a mid November killed deer. Thanks all!

Years ago when I had the same problem my taxidermist had a few places on-line that he shopped for capes. Not sure if it was some sort of taxi-supply site or what but he had plenty to choose from til we found the right sized one.

Schu72

Streetsboro
If you don't find what you are looking for, shoot me a PM. I know my Taxi has a bunch of capes. Don't know if any are summer capes, but I could ask.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
We've decided to just do an antler mount for Shea's, so you are welcome to hers if we could make it work out.
I'd just ask to pass the cost on to you for whatever my taxi would charge to take the cape off the skull and take the measurements.
As for getting it to you, I'll be heading home just before Xmas where I travel across the entire state on I-70. If anyone could meet me along the route I am sure it could be hillbilly expressed to you.

I'd need to know tonight so I can tell the taxi to cape it or just cap it out.

Here is a pic of hers when we had better light. Color pattern and short coat seems to match up with yours pretty well. As for body size, he was pretty big. I'd guess he was 4+ years old.

Let me know!

IMG_9308.jpg

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
We've decided to just do an antler mount for Shea's, so you are welcome to hers if we could make it work out.
I'd just ask to pass the cost on to you for whatever my taxi would charge to take the cape off the skull and take the measurements.
As for getting it to you, I'll be heading home just before Xmas where I travel across the entire state on I-70. If anyone could meet me along the route I am sure it could be hillbilly expressed to you.

I'd need to know tonight so I can tell the taxi to cape it or just cap it out.

Here is a pic of hers when we had better light. Color pattern and short coat seems to match up with yours pretty well. As for body size, he was pretty big. I'd guess he was 4+ years old.

Let me know!

View attachment 65584
Just saw this! I made contact with a taxi in penn State to snatch me a cape earlier today of a recently killed buck, tanned in 2 weeks ready to roll. I did send you a PM though!

Last edited: