Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Hunter's Crying Towel

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Let's hear 'em....all the excuses you've heard for why a deer hunter (not you, of course) missed a shot or didn't see any deer or otherwise came up emptyhandedrotflmao

I'm predicting a list of classics.....

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
The "Borrowed Gun"
"I would have never missed if I had been using my own gun..."

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't pulled the trigger this week yet so no excuses so far lol... But in the past when I have missed on a few ocasions it's usually due to unforseen tree limbs/twigs and the ocasional small sapling that I have harvested :smiley_clap:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
My brother-in-law heard from someone this year "My bow must shoot too fast for my broad-heads to deploy" as the kid attempted to explain why he couldn't seem to track and recover deer.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My brother-in-law heard from someone this year "My bow must shoot too fast for my broad-heads to deploy" as the kid attempted to explain why he couldn't seem to track and recover deer.

We have a new leader in the BS category lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Haven't pulled the trigger this week yet so no excuses so far lol... But in the past when I have missed on a few ocasions it's usually due to unforseen tree limbs/twigs and the ocasional small sapling that I have harvested :smiley_clap:

I have heard the sapling story by more then a few guys. They just get so caught up in the moment that they don't see anything else but the deer. Whats funny is to go back out right after gun season with the bow and walk the woods. See how many tress get shot rotflmao. Poor defenseless trees :D.

I have used the borrowed gun story myself once. It was a true story though :D. Never seen a 3-legged deer run straight up hill so fast in my life. He made it to the top of the hill and got blasted by the guy across the road.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
The top 10 excuses I've used:
10. Deer came from the wrong direction and I had to shoot right handed.
9. My finger was too cold to feel the trigger.
8. It was too dark.
7. Sun was in my eyes
6. The deer moved/turned/jumped just as I shot.
5. Snow/rain on the scope.
4. Misjudged the distance (it was 250 yards:redface:)
3. Hang fire on the ML
2. Barrel hit a tree/sapling/limb.

And the number one excuse I've used

Shot a tree/sapling/limb.
:smiley_depressive: