Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer permits

Cogz

Cogz
TX
I believe it has to be signed to be valid.
Ive filled em out and signed em on my phone before down on AEP land and the warden was cool with it. Didnt question it at all. Maybe another officer wouldve taken issue with it.@Jackalope I create a hunt202x folder on my phone for each year. Relevant pictures and tags always easy to find.

Reactions: giles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I believe they don’t usually make them available until at least after the season’s bag limits have been set. They just recently approved the 2020 bag limits so maybe permits will be available soon. I’m another person that buys his permits the night before, or 10 minutes before. Lol.

Regarding screenshots... it is LEGAL to carry your license AND your permits electronically, on your phone or other device. I always “sign” mine via the editing app on my phone. It wasn’t always this way but last year carrying the permit electronically was made legal, in light of the change in tagging requirements (no need to temp tag).

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I believe they don’t usually make them available until at least after the season’s bag limits have been set. They just recently approved the 2020 bag limits so maybe permits will be available soon. I’m another person that buys his permits the night before, or 10 minutes before. Lol.

Regarding screenshots... it is LEGAL to carry your license AND your permits electronically, on your phone or other device. I always “sign” mine via the editing app on my phone. It wasn’t always this way but last year carrying the permit electronically was made legal, in light of the change in tagging requirements (no need to temp tag).

Awesome that they allow both now. So I wasn't breaking the law this turkey season after all!! 😅

I wonder how soon till they have an app for electronic tagging?

Reactions: Cogz

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Kentucky does a better job on their yearly EHD outbreak dashboard than Ohio has done for their COVID dashboard.. :ROFLMAO:
Well EHD was invented by the private sector/big insurance. COVID was invented by the public sector/government. Makes sense that there would be more resources supporting EHD 😂

Buckkillr

Athens
Well Deer permits are now on sale. I think maybe they went on sale on July 1. I actually emailed ODNR about it several weeks ago and they couldn't give me a date. LOL. Anyway my son and I both got 2 tags a piece so we are good if they shut down the licenses again to NR.
Great ideal 👍👍👍

I emailed them about a month ago because the youth lottery hunts were supposed to be open to apply for on June 1st but I wasn't able to apply for him, they answered back July 1st was the new date for whatever reason