Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Processor and Taxidermist

I thought I asked this a long time ago on here but can't find it. Anyway with the new CWD rules for importing deer into PA, I am wanting to have a plan B to drop a deer off to a processor and/or taxidermist instead of having to debone and skin the head and cut the skull plate. Looking in SE Ohio somewhere near New Matamoras Washington County.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Yeah, I’m in Washington county. I process my own deer though. As far as a taxidermist I would go with Roger Fore, Scott Sinnert or Mike Bartenschlag in williamstown WV

Reactions: cspot

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
New Mat? Isn’t that the butt crack of Washington county?
D58C7395-2FB0-4EB2-A1BE-17AB051B08CC.gif

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Roger Morgenstern (not sure hes still in business) in Lowell and Moores in Torch (Athens County) is who ive used... Im from New Matamoras but have live in Little Hocking the last 20yrs. I'll talk to some locals and see whats what before season and let you know...
Taxidermy, Id use Scott Sinnett near Coolville is who I'd use... https://www.facebook.com/scott.sinnett.1
New Mat? Isn’t that the butt crack of Washington county?

Yes it is! Just ask any Deputy with the Sheriff's office!

Reactions: Spencie and cspot

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
With Pennsylvania passing that law prohibiting people from bringing in deer from Ohio into their state, I’m going to have to start looking for a taxidermist around the McArthur area. Maybe the butcher that I use on RT 50 just west of town will know someone.