Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Raviolis / Man Sized

badger

*Supporting Member*
I'm always looking for new ways to use deer meat, and here's one that turned out excellent!

I pulled the noodle recipe from a fanny farmer cookbook.

Here's the basics for the meat mixture. I don't always follow exact measurements so you might want more or less of what I have listed.

2 lbs ground deer
1 lb sweet italian sausage
2 eggs
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup romano cheese
1/2 cup chopped garlic (more if you want!)
2 tbs worcester sauce
1 tbs salt (here's one you might need more of also)
1 tbs pepper
1 tbs fennel seed
1 tbs onion powder
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano

Blend this together in a large mixing bowl with your hands or use a stand mixer if you have one. Brown the mixture in a skillet, and drain on paper towels. I did this step way ahead of time so it could cool off before being used.

The cheese is a shredded mozzarella, provolone mix.

Next I ran the noodle mixture through the pasta maker untill I had what I was looking for. I spread out the bottom layer on wax paper and added equal parts of meat and cheese. Easy way of doing this is to add equal amounts to a zip lock bag and shake it up, then spoon out. Then you need to wet the areas with water where the top and bottoms will meet. Get everything sealed up and trim off some of the excess. Now put these aside to dry on a rack for two hours. Once dry, boil them in a salt water bath for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them occasionally.

Top them with some marinara sauce and some grated cheese, and serve up some fresh italian bread!

By the way, smaller portions can be made, I just wanted a Man Size that filled a plate!

Enjoy!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man that looks good. I need me one of those roller things for the kitchen-aid mixer. Thanks for the recipe :)

badger

*Supporting Member*
Dude have her make it for ya, or you make it for her. It is some good vittles.

If she happens to get some sauce on her shirt while eating maybe you could get a pic for us!

:smiley_cheers: