Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Different ways to enjoy your venison

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I was just trying to save some people some cash by skipping a big store same method n both recipes but possibly a product they all ready have on their shelf or get on their next trip to town with tender quick. Or get many many cures for cheap. sorry, continue with the deer eats....
Nothing wrong with info and trying to save $

But there's specific food science behind why, when and how much of the different types of nitrates and nitrites in curing.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm trying this recipe. I ground my venison with beef fat just before preparing.
I know I'll like it, but we'll see what the fam says.
IMG_20220116_114544431.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm trying this recipe. I ground my venison with beef fat just before preparing.
I know I'll like it, but we'll see what the fam says.
View attachment 144026
One of my favorite ways too eat venison. Love meat loaf.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Looks awesome @Mike !

Wife makes killer venison meat loaf, and it's one of my favs too with regards to enjoying what venison I have. If fact, I'm going to ask her to make one for tonight thanks to you!

Enjoy!

Reactions: Mike

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Looks awesome @Mike !

Wife makes killer venison meat loaf, and it's one of my favs too with regards to enjoying what venison I have. If fact, I'm going to ask her to make one for tonight thanks to you!

Enjoy!

Well, I got my dinner wish @Mike ! It was quite delicious and I'm plenty full! Thanks again for instilling the wonderful thought earlier this afternoon! Worked-out perfectly for me! Tomorrow, sometime after my morning hunt, it will be meat loaf leftovers for lunch.

20220116_193246.jpg

Last edited: