Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Distance Kills for the 17 HMR?

Creamer

Athens
@Creamer
Did you ever buy that rifle, for coyotes? 🤔
I was looking at getting another rifle, even though my Savage 22-250 works fine and I've never lost a coyote. I've had a lot more 1 shot drops with a 243. I handled a few CVA Cascade rifles in 243 and they come with threaded barrels too. Camo stock and bronze cerekote looks great and they're not as heavy as some of the Mossberg rifles. 👍 Also, Bergara purchased CVA about 3 years ago, so the barrels are great. 💯

I decided to man up and just carry the beast .22-250 I didn't want to carry. It's heavy but I have it and it is a shooter.

I decided to man up and just carry the beast .22-250 I didn't want to carry. It's heavy but I have it and it is a shooter.
@Creamer
Good call. 👍 My 22-250 is a bit of a tank too, but it's a shooter also. 22" heavy barrel, extended bi-pod and the 6-24x50 Vortex is all part of the accuracy package, so I can't complain. :cool: I've never lost a coyote with it, but an extremely low percentage make a run for it, before running out of "oil" and their engine seizes up. ☠️🐾
It's still tempting to get another 243. 🤔 Those 75 gr. V-Max bullets really knocked the dog sh*t out of them. :sneaky:

Reactions: Creamer