Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DLA or DSCC in Columbus

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Anyone know anyone who works there?

I know a few people and they all seem to like it.

I'm considering trying to get a job after I retire and if we move back to Ohio.

I'll have a BS in program management (possibly a masters if I stay in three more years), I've completed the LEAN/Six Sigma Green belt course, but I'm not certified yet because I haven't done a project. I'm going to work on getting a black belt, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do it. Add that to 27 years (by the time I retire) of experience with global logistics, personnel management, quality assurance training, and button buck killing I should be able to at least get a job as a janitor.

I had planned on staying in my career field and working in acquisitions, explosive safety, or some other ordnance logistics management program but I'm kinda tired of the BS in our community and would like to return home to my roots.

Only time will tell though. I had considered doing 30, but if I'm not even going to get a look at for LtCol then I don't see the point.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
A close friend of mine is a Transportation and Logistics big wig for them. He can't talk about details because of clearance and such. He is basically in charge of where and how things (that go boom) down to food gets transported. Don't know what I can do to help but let me know if there is anything.

Beentwn

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
A close friend of mine is a Transportation and Logistics big wig for them. He can't talk about details because of clearance and such. He is basically in charge of where and how things (that go boom) down to food gets transported. Don't know what I can do to help but let me know if there is anything.

Beentwn

That's the kinda work I do now (the things that go boom).

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
OK Thunder, just let me know what I can do to help. He has been there for ten years or more. He was a Ross Labs before that.

Beentown