Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doe down.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys was a fun hunt,will start getting serious in about 3 weeks when things pick up,gonna be pretty picky and hope the right one walks by.
Lots of acorn dropping in the woods...I could hear deer crunching on them in the dark this morning before light.
Not doing any baiting at all just hunting good travel corridors,is nice just walking to stand and not having to dick around hauling any food into standsites.
Second sit and have had 8 deer downwind of me at different times and not one winded me....I just smoke up really good with the smoker and it does its job.
Pffft on those $400 ozonic units and scent closets....only cost me a couple bucks for a bag of wood chips and good to go.
I have lots of vacation time coming up in 3 weeks so if I disappear for awhile you know where I will be.Good luck to all of you this season hope you all score on a good one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on a great doe, Brian! Way to knock the dust off! That pic of the heart nearly cut in half is downright impressive. I may have to take a look at those tree shark broadheads.

Reactions: Boarhead

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Took one last year J...saw 30 of them out in field last year after crops came off we figured it was time to take a few off of this farm as we hadn't shot any off this farm in 6 or 7 years.

Reactions: "J"

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats on a great doe, Brian! Way to knock the dust off! That pic of the heart nearly cut in half is downright impressive. I may have to take a look at those tree shark broadheads.
Yea they are wicked JB ...that was her lung that got deflated....that broadhead is 190 grains plus a 50 grain bread insert..heavy shit.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal. Congrats Brian! I enjoy knowing you don't care what others think. Totally okay eating a tag. You enjoy being out there and I know you put in crazy amounts of time. If the right one walks by you are willing to burn a tag. If not, you are okay with it. Not only that, but it is all trad gear! Keep being a great example to all.